Sign in to follow this  
Sorc101

Help with Fire Wizard

Fire Wizard card says he adds his craft to his die roll when using that fireball ability

Ok so last night someone playing the minotaur wants to attack the fire wizard

The fire wizard uses his fireball ability which at that point the dude had 14 craft 

He adds 14 to his die roll the minotaurs strength was like 8-10 

It was an automatic life basically now does the battle end because the minotaur lost a life or does it keep going and the minotaur gets to stampede since he was the initiator of the battle?

Very confused...fire wizard seems broken

I let him chill in the CoC and had the clockwork owl and went back and forth between healer and castle and just kept upping my strength as a wizard til i had 4 big cones and went up there and won the game.

When u encounter characters and you wish to do the "Fireball" skill it happens before the battle. Then if you are sucessfull the opponent looses a life an the battle begins as normal rules.

To the question if the Firewizard is imbalanced, well imo very big yes. It doesn't really have that much of a threath from strength enemies once he gets craft 5-6. Also if you want to try and keep him down and attack him with your char you always will have to sacrifice a life, because he also is a spell cycler it's even harder to go against him

fire wiz is a powa character:

he has fireball to save many troble situation, i gain a spell /craft at the start of his turn, he uyse his craft to defeat strength,m also just for not lose th figth.

i phink that he his one of the greatest character of the talisman, just priestess is better but only in dragon expancion.

sorry for my english; i'm italian.

Fire wizard is a balanced character.

He can use fireball if he encounters strong enemies.

The downside is that he can not gain trophies, but that does not matter.

However, if you play with the dragon tower, you can climb the tower if you have a lot of craft and low strength.

Persiatic said:

When u encounter characters and you wish to do the "Fireball" skill it happens before the battle. Then if you are sucessfull the opponent looses a life an the battle begins as normal rules.

To the question if the Firewizard is imbalanced, well imo very big yes. It doesn't really have that much of a threath from strength enemies once he gets craft 5-6. Also if you want to try and keep him down and attack him with your char you always will have to sacrifice a life, because he also is a spell cycler it's even harder to go against him

So, engage in battle happens before step 1 evade?

I always thought that it is before the attack rolls are rolled and after step 2 spells.

preocupado.gif

With Fire Wizzard I used to play with the same logic as Assassin:

Encounter character -> Use special ability (Pyroblast) -> Success -> Take Life or Gold -> End battle.

Encounter character -> Use special ability (Pyroblast) -> Unsuccessful -> Battle as normal, just FireWizzard do not roll die for attack roll.

Difference from Assassin is that Assassin can use his special ability when he is attacker. When Assassin is defender, then he cannot assassinate.  FireWizzard can pyroblast when he is attacker or attacked - doesnt matter.

Reference - last page from official rule book, block diagram

Velhart said:

Persiatic said:

I always thought that it is before the attack rolls are rolled and after step 2 spells.

preocupado.gif

No when a character lands on a space with another character and chooses to encounter, the charachter beeing encountered can always evade before anything else happens. Meaning if the Firewizard encounters another character and that person evades you can't cast fireball either. So option is always resolved first.

Persiatic said:

preocupado.gif

No when a character lands on a space with another character and chooses to encounter, the charachter beeing encountered can always evade before anything else happens. Meaning if the Firewizard encounters another character and that person evades you can't cast fireball either. So option is always resolved first.

Indeed.

So it is after step 2 spells, and before the attack rolls are rolled.

It's the same idea as the wand of dragonfire

Velhart said:

Persiatic said:

preocupado.gif

Indeed.

A round of applause. I wondered how long it would take you to get there!

Ell aplauso.gif

talismanamsilat said:

Velhart said:

Persiatic said:

preocupado.gif

Indeed.

A round of applause. I wondered how long it would take you to get there!

Ell aplauso.gif

No need for applause elliotserio.gif

let's forget it