Sign in to follow this  
coolzyg

Full semi/auto blast weapon

Hello

Shooting with blast weapon is easy. We choose the point, shoot, if missed roll to see where it goes. But how weapon capable of full auto or semi works?

the full auto attack action has a chart table that tells you where each hit goes....I think it is in the "playing the game" or "combat" section. Sorry I do not have a page number for you as my book is on loan to a friend for the night. but it IS in the BC book.

I know how full auto and semi works with hit location ;)

My question is about blast weapons full auto. where does each shot lands? Is it the same location or  player could assigne location on map for every shot?

coolzyg said:

My question is about blast weapons full auto. where does each shot lands? Is it the same location or  player could assigne location on map for every shot?

Do you mean scatter?

Blast is just an area effect modifier. Usually blast hits would just be applied to the body unless otherwise specified or the GM just wants to complicate things.

The simple answer to what you asked, I think:

If you have a full auto blast weapon that hits it's target six times, and there are two others in the blast radius, apply damage normally to the original target then you hit the others six times each in the body.

This should answer your question, I think, unless I completly missed a change in BC.

ItsUncertainWho said:

coolzyg said:

Do you mean scatter?

Blast is just an area effect modifier. Usually blast hits would just be applied to the body unless otherwise specified or the GM just wants to complicate things.

The simple answer to what you asked, I think:

If you have a full auto blast weapon that hits it's target six times, and there are two others in the blast radius, apply damage normally to the original target then you hit the others six times each in the body.

This should answer your question, I think, unless I completly missed a change in BC.

Ok so you are saying that all hit from blast weapon lands where first landed. But dodging blast is jumping off blast radius, so If i dodged first one I would dodge the rest. As it is auto it's opposed dodge vs bs. So if you get hit by 4 shots (blast 4) and you would dodge 3. You would jump 4 meters to left, then again 4 to left, then again 4 to left and then you get shot. Kinda weird.

I would propose that guy with such weapon would chose on the map where he wants his shot to land. Each shot can't be farther then blast radius from center of nearest point where other shot landed. It's little contradictory to rules about auto but it would make sens.

Also I don't know if in BC we have blast weapon capable of auto but in DW there are such devices,

coolzyg said:

Ok so you are saying that all hit from blast weapon lands where first landed. But dodging blast is jumping off blast radius, so If i dodged first one I would dodge the rest. As it is auto it's opposed dodge vs bs. So if you get hit by 4 shots (blast 4) and you would dodge 3. You would jump 4 meters to left, then again 4 to left, then again 4 to left and then you get shot. Kinda weird.

I would propose that guy with such weapon would chose on the map where he wants his shot to land. Each shot can't be farther then blast radius from center of nearest point where other shot landed. It's little contradictory to rules about auto but it would make sens.

Also I don't know if in BC we have blast weapon capable of auto but in DW there are such devices,

Generally blast effects are resolved against the body.

You would not move 4 meters for each blast. Dodging area effcets puts you just outside the blast radius, if you can make it. 

If you dodged 3 out of 4 shots, you wouldn't be hit by the blast from the dodged rounds, either they go astray or just don't affect you.

If you are standing next to a wall then the GM may want to have the blasts from impacts of stray rounds come into play. To resolve that situation, you would have to figure your ability to avoid all the blasts. You may not be able to get out of range of all the blasts. This could come into play if there was a wide scatter of multiple grenades.

If you are dealing with a automatic grenade or missle launcher that has a scatter effect on rounds fired then things can get complicated. You would need to resolve scatter for each round, determine the blast areas and if any or all individuals affected would be able to dodge the blasts, or how many. It might be that you could move out of an area being hit by 3 out of 4 blasts but still be hit by one blast.

Keep in mind, I don't have my books at hand, so this is all off the top of my head.

I think I would rule that if you are hit by 4 blast shots in a burst and you dodge 2 of them. then you are still hit by 2, and then if your AB is high enough to get you out of the blast radius then you jump out of the way in time to avoid the explosions from the other 2.

The reason I say this is that the dodging blasts rules are meant to make big explosions harder to dodge, not easier.

On the other hand I could see the idea of someone with a blast full auto weapon just carpeting an area with shots so that the person cant dodge far enough to get out of the blast area. As a house rule I might give a player the option to instead of treat a full auto X blast Y weapon as simply a blast X+Y-1 shot which inflicts only one hit, but if he centers this one hit over an enemy then they have little chance of dodging out of it. so a weapon with full auto 5 and blast 2 I would allow a player to treat as a blast 6 weapon under this house rule, although it still would consume 5 ammo. it simply represents him aiming to chew up the area rather than the enemy. Of course this is just a house rule, and there may well be combinations for which this is a bit silly. its just an idea 

You are free to allocate multiple hits from auto-fire to different targets, as long as they are within X metres from each other. (At work, no book, don't remember the value of X). So you could very well lay down a sequence of blasts in a line, curve, spiral or circle in order to "spread the love".

Well, yes. A fully automatic rocket/grenade launcher that wasn't death in a tube would be horribly inadequate for what it is.

However, it is worth noting that hits can be directed at anyone 2 meters from the Original target, so it's unfortunately not possible (by the rules) to lay down a line of explosive death, unless it's a line no more than 5 meters long.