Sign in to follow this  
drapulv

Keywords: Joust and Melee

I actually know this one!!

They are on the insert to Champions chapter packs

Joust: if a character with the keyword joust attacks alone, the defending player may not declare more than one character as a defender

Melee: as long as an attacker with the keyword Melee participates in a challenge, he gets +1 FOR for every character controlled by an opponent participating in that challenge.

Zimagic said:

Melee: as long as an attacker with the keyword Melee participates in a challenge, he gets +1 FOR for every character controlled by an opponent participating in that challenge.
In the US, the insert says that as long as a character with the Melee keyword is participating in a challenge, it gets +1 STR for each participating character controlled by an opponent. So Melee works whether the character is attacking or defending.

ktom said:

Zimagic said:

In the US, the insert says that as long as a character with the Melee keyword is participating in a challenge, it gets +1 STR for each participating character controlled by an opponent. So Melee works whether the character is attacking or defending.

Could be a translating error, the ranch game, especially the Baratheon delux printing, has be known to be occasionally inexact. The wording I gave was the printed one in French though. LMK if this is incorrect.

Zimagic said:

Could be a translating error, the ranch game, especially the Baratheon delux printing, has be known to be occasionally inexact. The wording I gave was the printed one in French though. LMK if this is incorrect.
Oh, I know the French version (and a couple of the other non-English versions) say "while attacking" for Melee. But the English version clearly says "participating," not "attacking."

Since the cards are written and developed in English, it is either a translation error or a change FFG made after sending the sheet out for translation (both have been known to happen). Either way, though, it is probably safer to assume the English version of "participating" is the correct way to play the keyword.