Sign in to follow this  
BARF

N00B asks: Mixing Event Cards in Core Set?

Hey.

New to the game but I am getting more and more familiar with it. I've been using the Core set with a few friends and we were wondering what the communities opinion was on the following...

We were considering mixing all non-house specific Event cards and dealing them out at the top of the game. We are not too concerned with building decks at this point so we thought this might be a fun way to switch it up. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Hmmmm I'm not too sure of the numbers right now, but I'd say as long as all decks were still the same number of cards you should be fine. I think you could probably do this with all the plots as well

Thanks!

It's early and I should have said we plan to the same with Plot cards as well. Since whoever is using Stark keeps using Valar Morghulis and screwing everyone over. It's a great card but good to get mixed up.

Thanks again! You rock for helping out us newbies!

Staton said:

Haha hey I rock! Nice! Also, funny story, when we started playing, we thought you revealed plots at random. Thank god valar hadn't been printed yet! lol

oh man, my friend got me this for christmas and the 2 times i used Stark we decided to do them (plots) randomly knowing that we needed to pick them but just wanted to try the game out, both times this card saved my @$$ when she had a 2-3 character advantage, lucky  =)

We've mixed up the way we play at work too.

We've dealt out plot cards, event cards and then even all neutral cards. The most extreme one we did was put all the houses cards into one big pile and played off the same draw and discard/dead piles. It was mayhem but fun to try once.