Sign in to follow this  
TheHil

Best H.P. Lovecraft Game- Where to Start

amikezor said:

Fake Ghost Pirate said:

You should try "The Vermont Horror" fan-made expansion for Arkham H (I keep harping on it in Forums but it's great) It involves a multi-turn 'Prequel' where Gates rarely appear (which you're not allowed to Seal yet) but several tokens are usually added to the Doom Track and the Terror Level usually rises significantly- all this happens before the Ancient One is even revealed(!) You spend time exploring Arkham and Vermont (town of Brattleboro?) and trying not to get abducted by the Mi-Go... I gave it a rave review on BGG despite the fact I was missing a few pieces.

I will then. I have been looking at it for several times now, but I will definitely try it on my next game. 

Vermont's a lot of printing, cutting, and pasting....but it's worth it. Plus the 'Mi-Go Scout' monsters may be missing depending which file you download. The new monsters go in a separate cup (cause there's no possible way to print authentic-feeling monster chits)

Fake Ghost Pirate said:

amikezor said:

Fake Ghost Pirate said:

You should try "The Vermont Horror" fan-made expansion for Arkham H (I keep harping on it in Forums but it's great) It involves a multi-turn 'Prequel' where Gates rarely appear (which you're not allowed to Seal yet) but several tokens are usually added to the Doom Track and the Terror Level usually rises significantly- all this happens before the Ancient One is even revealed(!) You spend time exploring Arkham and Vermont (town of Brattleboro?) and trying not to get abducted by the Mi-Go... I gave it a rave review on BGG despite the fact I was missing a few pieces.

I will then. I have been looking at it for several times now, but I will definitely try it on my next game. 

Vermont's a lot of printing, cutting, and pasting....but it's worth it. Plus the 'Mi-Go Scout' monsters may be missing depending which file you download. The new monsters go in a separate cup (cause there's no possible way to print authentic-feeling monster chits)

It's worth checking the variants thread on boardgamegeek to get the extra encounters, as these enable some of the otherwise unavailable allies.

Well, just ordered my copy of Arkham Horror from Amazon a few days ago! It'll be here soon. Now I'm wondering about what the best expansions are. I heard people mention Dunwich Horror and King in Yellow... what about the others?