Sign in to follow this  
9thimmortal

Wishes for 2012?

So, we are almost there.  Any wishes anyone wants to share?

Mine:

• That FFG does something the most basic of games should have - a sticky thread for new players so approximately 25% of all posts are not new players asking the same questions.  It is obviously needed, and the players do a good job of responding, but you would get a wealth of information with a sticky post.
  • That I figure out to have my heavy drinking night the night OF the tourney (i.e. afterwards) rather than the first night I get there (i.e. before). 
  • That the present apparent parity continues between houses.
  • That the game continues to grow, with an awesome Season 2 coming out on HBO.  Also, that awesome fan friendly things like the Newsletter and 2C1C and all the sites. 
  • I find more time for gaming with friends.

Happy New Year!

Sticky post would be an excellent idea, Rings. I've basically given up on these forums though as a clearing house of info. They're great for getting news, but awful for looking up old info.

For the community, I'm hoping for greater variety within each house, looking forward to a better melee environment, and expecting/hoping some of the fan sites build out the archives/resources that aren't on this forum.

Personally, I'm hoping to attend GenCon again this year, and also hoping to grow the two NYC tourneys (Kingsmoot and Black Friday) to be 20+ and 30+, respectively. 

- Something that punishes the Summer agenda besides the threat of Winter, that doesn't include just putting it on even ground (like Ill-Tidings)

- A new Bronn

- Actually making it to Kublacon this year

Actually we saw Bronn in the lanni box at Days. I have no idea what he does, but I did see a card was titled Bronn! So there's one wish already come true! ~Also, let's be honest, Rave, you aren't going to Kubla. :P

Staton said:

Actually we saw Bronn in the lanni box at Days. I have no idea what he does, but I did see a card was titled Bronn! So there's one wish already come true! ~Also, let's be honest, Rave, you aren't going to Kubla. :P

Awesome!!  Wow, that's great news.  Thanks, man.

Isn't it sad too? Kubla is like an hour away from where I live. hahaha.

Oh man.... pretty sure I remember what he does.....

And a whole bunch of other cards in the Lannister box as well.....

But yeah... ummm.... I'm hoping for this to be the year that I take the Hat Trick at GenCon. I've got a ton of card designs in my head, and trust me.... they are ALL doozies!

Kennon said:

Oh man.... pretty sure I remember what he does.....

And a whole bunch of other cards in the Lannister box as well.....

But yeah... ummm.... I'm hoping for this to be the year that I take the Hat Trick at GenCon. I've got a ton of card designs in my head, and trust me.... they are ALL doozies!

A doozy Lannister card I hope.  It's about time we get one. cool.gif

Rings!  Now that I am back in thrones full force, you can bet I will be there.  No car excuses this time because we actually have a Mafia again.

I would like to see FFG start printing errata'ed cards and including them in the monthly chapter releases. Or, at the very least, offer a way on the website to order them from FFG.  Banning and restricting cards sucks, fix them and give them out to people that paid for a card so it can see play again.

Wishes for what I hope FFG will do:

- Announce the reprints of A Clash of Arms and A Time of Ravens. Hopefully sometime very soon, without too much delay getting them released. A Clash of Arms would probably take the longest to redo, as they might want to print them with white borders this time and the cycle has two banned cards to address.

- Continue to fill in gaps for some of the houses' under-performing subthemes. They seem to be doing a good job of this so far in A Tale of Champion and I hope they continue doing that in future cycles and expansions. Clansmen will hopefully be getting enough love from Lions of the Rock, but let's get some more lovin' for Dothraki, Bolton, Holy decks.

Personal goals:

- Finish up collecting the whole card pool. Should be picking up the Defenders of the North reprints after the holidays, then all I have left are most of the packs from the first two cycles.

- Participate in my first tournament.

Kennon said:

ummm.... I'm hoping for this to be the year that I take the Hat Trick at GenCon. I've got a ton of card designs in my head, and trust me.... they are ALL doozies!

For the sake of your show (or at least the continuity of its name) you'd have to throw that finals game, don't you?
Take one for the team?!

a Hot Pie card!

and Gendry (actually, pretty disappointed that he didn't appear in the brotherhood cycle)

finally, just for the name, i'd quite like to see a Piper at the Gates of Dorne - could be part of the previously requested "Snakes on a Plain" Martell box!

Cards named

"Jamie Lannister sends his regards"  and   "Words are Wind"

and something to do with the rise of the faith, the poor fellows and the sparrows and the 7 faces

also i hope to do better than second to last at Black Friday

Ruvion said:

Kennon said:

ummm.... I'm hoping for this to be the year that I take the Hat Trick at GenCon. I've got a ton of card designs in my head, and trust me.... they are ALL doozies!

For the sake of your show (or at least the continuity of its name) you'd have to throw that finals game, don't you?
Take one for the team?!

Oh believe me, there is no way in hell I would intentionally throw a finals game at GenCon. There is no way any of you could pay me enough.

And no, Zeiler, not even in sexual favors.

Mighty Jim said:

and Gendry (actually, pretty disappointed that he didn't appear in the brotherhood cycle)

Don't we already kind of have Gendry, just not by name? I always assumed Bastard of Robert and Bastard in Hiding were both likely Gendry.

My wishes for the GoT community

For Mathlete: an opportunity to coach the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading squad.  Its time for some benefits!

For Rings: a frosty mug of eternally bottomless alcohol.  Nobody plays Thrones better while drunk, might as well play drunk in perpetuity.

For Longclaw: a Gencon Joust Championship.  There are not enough cards in existence with your sexy mug depicted.

For Kennon: continued suckitude at Gencon.  I refuse to change the name of the Podcast to "3 Champs and no chumps".  Also I wish for you a 100% increase in listeners of the podcast, so that no voice becomes better known in the community than the sweet velvety tone of Will Lentz.

For the European community: An announcement that GoT World Championships will be held at Stahleck.

For myself: Enough money to fly to Stahleck and attempt to crush the Europeans.

For Stag Lord: Technology.

For Twn2dn: freedom by your wife to travel to any and all GoT tourneys

For Ktom: a future case in court that involves Game of Thrones rules.  I would pay to see you be legal representation in that case.

For Maester LUke: 27 hours in a day

For all the single Throners: a significant other.  Dobbler's Dating Disasters are likely coming to end, so I wish yours do too.

For Complord: The ability to hold your alcohol

For Clu: the re-invention of the complete characterless deck. 0% characters, and 100% wins for you.

I shall add others soon.