Sign in to follow this  
auer

Planetery defense base

I plan an archeotech fortress with space defense weapons (lance, torpedos) on planet. Have somebody stats for things like that?

It must survive several orbital bombardment (with void shield, and at least one without void shield). Any ideas?

I would go for a vast underground complex with deeply dug in communication tunnels between different weapon positions, each protected by a bank of voidshields and layers of plasteel and ferrocrete. Check out the groundplan of the Maginot line fortresses for inspiration and change the scale to WH40k level. In this way, reducing a said defense system will demand destroying each of the individual batteries and possibly necessitate tunnel fighting in the deep layers to drag out its defenders (although you can skip that if you just wish to neutralise its guns). As an added advantage, this also gives players the option to conduct Eben Emael style raids on the gun positions. Actions like this allow small units and players to shine a out of all proportion to their numbers.

Friedrich van Riebeeck, Navigator Primus, Heart of the Void

Thanks the idea(s). I think about a small (ok I now in wh40k everything is BIG) outpost fortress with "few" operating crew. With space defense weapons that can harm a bigger ship. This emplacement defend a diamond mining city so it is strong but not too strong.

In my world it has 2 macro-gun and a remote hidden torpedo silo far away. The outpust itself like an fanatasy-castle high (adamantium) towers and walls, donjon, bastions, garage, landing pad etc. There is 2500 merc for defense, and twice support personel, gunoperator and so. This is a small tough rock - the Magnus.

I'm having a vague flashback to Dawn of War: Soulstorm, and the cloaked orbital base that forms the main Tau fortress. While that would fit more with DW, I suppose, the idea is still ick. If Traders could happen to run into a Tau-held world, though, such a nasty facility, thanks to the work of the often ignored Earth and Air Castes, could make for an interesting obstacle, and one carrying various pulse and rail-based weapons of terror.