Sign in to follow this  
kcjones2000

Gold coins on Great People? Can I use them for investing?

According to the rules on page 13 of Fame and Fortune. "Only Coin Tokens may be invested - not coins printed on the map, tech map, or tech cards, or on buildings cannot be invested.' I understand the rational behind why coins that are printed on the previous mentioned items should not be used for purchasing (or being exchanged) for investment markers in investment BUT why does the same restriction not apply to Great Person markers that have gold coins printed on them as well? Was it an accidental omission from the rules or is there another reason that Gold Coins on Great People was not listed as a printed material coin that was restricted?

Slightly confused..... 

In my opinion it is an omission.

The "investible" coins all take the form of a coin token like those on tech cards or those given to you by Mother Teresa or A Gift From Afar. This makes accounting easy.

There's something in the rules about loot where it says you can "force the loser to discard a coin token of the winner's choice". Why the "of the winner's choice"? I haven't played the game properly as we only had a quick run-through. But do some coin tokens end up on tech cards for some reason?