Sign in to follow this  
Tyrant242

Question about POD and FA expansions.

My gaming group really likes this game and we are now about through with the original 5 stories.  My question about the PODs and FA is if the scenarios in them (6 New in all) have the three varietions like the original 5.  The $15+ per POD is a bit steep for just one story put I will pay it.  just want to make sure I at least get some variety on that one story.  Oh quick second thought.  What elements of FA are compatible with the previous material, other than new characters of course?

As to your question about what in Forbidden Alchemy is compatible with the base game besides the new investigators...

FA comes with a new set of combat cards that can be mixed in with the base cards for more variety in combat.

Also FA comes with one new Mythos card for each "Mythos card type" (the little symbols for which Mythos cards are each scenario like the gun, campfire, etc.) and to the best of my knowledge none of them call for a room that does not exist in the base game.

Just as each scenario in the base game has three variations, so do each of the POD expansions.

As far as Forbidden Alchemy goes there are three different scenarios, again, each having 3 different variations.  The contents of this expansion that can be used in the base game are as follows: New characters (figures, attribute cards, starting item cards), Mythos cards, Trauma cards, Combat cards, and Horror Tokens.

Cool.  We just ran through Green-Eyed Boy last night and now are looking to get some of the expanded material.  I figured that each would have the varients, but it is never good to assume.  Thanks everyone.

Well I recommend getting FA for sure, as it will overall add to your base game. If you were going to get a PoD, 'Til Death Do Us Part is my favorite. Season of the Witch is also good. Silver Tablet is okay.