Sign in to follow this  
antony131073

Frenzy and Lightning attack

Some daemons (particularly khornates) are able to enter frenzy at will. However they often have lightning attack and if they frenzy they have to make all out attacks ie a single attack which my high level characters can often dodge. To make it challenging I therefore have to ignore frenzy in favour of making multiple attacks. Am I playing this out correctly?

You do not have to Frenzy just because you have the talent.

In Black Crusade the requirement to only use All Out Attacks has been dropped, and I'd suggest altering the description in Dark Heresy in the same way. In my groups we have adopted the Black Crusade rules for combat in our DH game(s), and find them Just Better .

Multiple attacks is king in most systems, and it's true in this one.  I'd stick with not entering frenzy and skipping out on the +10 to strength and just going right for the multiple attacks.  If you're using warp weapons you ignore armor anyhow, so you're likely gaining much more than a theoretical +1 to damage from the +10 strength anyhow

Darth, that's actually the first rule change from BC I've herad about and liked, though I admit I've only heard of a few.  Definitely not a fan of the full auto/half action, to me it simply lends even more potency to full auto weapons, which I already feel get the lions share of the glory.  But then again, not having actually read it, mayb there are other positive blances.  </side topic>

Charmander said:

Darth, that's actually the first rule change from BC I've herad about and liked, though I admit I've only heard of a few.  Definitely not a fan of the full auto/half action, to me it simply lends even more potency to full auto weapons, which I already feel get the lions share of the glory.  But then again, not having actually read it, mayb there are other positive blances.  </side topic>

Changing the mod from +20 to -10 does a lot to nerf full auto.

The most significant changes are that the mods for single shot, semi auto and full auto are now +10, 0 and -10 respectvely. Swift attacks are handled like semi auto bursts and lightning attacks are treated as full auto bursts, using those same mods (but you can only land as many hits as you have WS bonus). Also, dodges against multiple attacks no longer require you to dodge each hit, instead you roll dodge once for the lot of them and dodge as many as you get degrees of success.