Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TragicTheBlathering

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

113 posts in this topic

Just ignore him, he is rude to everyone on here and acts like a child. I don't use LackeyCCG and just play with physical cards but nonetheless good on you for making this resource for the community Tragic! 

chuckles likes this

Hi, I'm a long-time OCTGN user, trying to get back into LackeyCCG because of OCGTN's lack of a Save feature. 

I am having a problem setting up some filters in the deck editor.  So here's my question:

I currently play 2-handed solo, and am proceeding linearly through the quests, allowing myself to use any cards which were available at the time the quests were released.  So, for the first Khazad Dum quest, I'm allowing myself any player cards from the Core Set, the Mirkwood cycle, and the Khazad Dum expansion.  Easy peasy, right?  Well, the challenge (for me) is getting those filters set up.

Specifically, I would like a filter which shows me only cards which are:

- set: Core set OR Mirkwood cycle OR Khazad Dum

- type: player cards only (hero OR ally OR attachment OR event OR)

- sphere: leadership OR lore OR neutral

I would love to be able to save that filter, which I can do with OCTGN (as a subscriber).

I would also love to have a second filter, for the other hand.  The only change is the sphere:

- sphere: tactics OR spirit OR neutral

So, is there a way in LackeyCCG to set up those 2 filters, and then save them, so that I don't have to manually set them up again each time I want to edit a deck?

Thanks!

Hey, LackeyCCG remains my favorite digital way of playing this game, especially for its iPad-ability. Tragic, I see you're posting videos again... Any chance that Lackey's LotR support will ever get updated? At least for the card pool past Voice of Isengard?

Sorry... for some strange reason my subscription to this thread was turned off and I didn't get a mail telling me someone replied.

Hey, LackeyCCG remains my favorite digital way of playing this game, especially for its iPad-ability. Tragic, I see you're posting videos again... Any chance that Lackey's LotR support will ever get updated? At least for the card pool past Voice of Isengard?

Yes, I will be updating the LackeyCCG plugin soon... as well as releasing two versions.. one for iPad with the abbreviated buttons and one for desktops with the longer button names. Just as soon as I get some time!

So, is there a way in LackeyCCG to set up those 2 filters, and then save them, so that I don't have to manually set them up again each time I want to edit a deck?

In the LackeyCCG Deck Editor on the left is a massive series of filter buttons. To filter by set simply click the "SET" button.. I think it is the 2nd button on the list and type in CORE or w/e and only CORE cards will be seen.

Unfortunately you can not add multiple filters. So you can not filter CORE + RTM as far as I know.

Your best bet is to use Zorbec's Awesome Deckbuilder. It is a must IMO for LoTR Fans and beats the hell out of all the online things. It has export for Lackey built in and also OCTGN (but I do not use OCTGN so haven't tested it)

Zorbec's Deck Builder - http://eric.minet.free.fr/lotrbuilder/index_en.htm

(Send him a few bucks donations he is a legend of the LCG community for like the last 10 years!)

Edited by TragicTheBlathering

Yes, I will be updating the LackeyCCG plugin soon... as well as releasing two versions.. one for iPad with the abbreviated buttons and one for desktops with the longer button names. Just as soon as I get some time!

Oho, excellent! I for one really look forward to seeing it: despite my respect for its community importance, I'm not really a fan of OCTGN (how many times can its crashes sabotage my solo 2-handed plays?!), and I can only build so many crappy attempts at an Erestor deck in real life before longing for a way to do, and test, it digitally. :)

Lackey is better than OCTGN in absolutely every conceivable way. It is a blight on the online scene that somehow that app become the standard.

Unfortunately I just do not have time to keep the LoTR plugin updated... so unless someone wants to take it over I'll just update it now and then.

UPDATE

Finally found what I think could be a replacement host for DropBox... 5GBfree.com.

I have uploaded the lackeyCCG Plugin to this server as well as incorporated some slight changes.

ADDED : Cycle 04

• Voice of Isengard (Delux)

• The Ring Maker Cycle

CHANGED : New Keybindings
 CHANGED : Removed the Truncated Button Names

Apart from that it is pretty much the same as it ever was.

KeyBoard Functions

You can set your own keyboard functions to anything you wish, by clicking PREFERENCES button and then clicking KEYBINDINGS. These are just what I use. Feel free to change ANY button but the F11!! and the F12.. if you change these you will break some of the scripting functions. Remember you can always update form the url at any time to reset everything to defaults.

Keybindings in Lackey are pervasive across the application, so if you use "t" for take control, then every time you type "t" in the chat window it will trigger the hotkey. So I am using CTRL+T and CTRL+SHIFT+T to turn On and Off tokens. There is a bug in LackeyCCG at the moment that makes windows systems beep if you use ALT+t.... so for now it is SHIFT+T.. but will go back to ALT once the bug is fixed. (It may not be the app has not been updated since 2009)

CRT+LEFT CLICK = Flip a Card
HOLD SHIFT + MOUSE OVER (Peak at the other side of the card without flipping it)

F1 = Refresh ALL
F2 = Draw Card

] = Next Phase (auto save each advanced phase)
[ = Last Phase
F4 = Advance Turn

F2 = Next Turn
F3 = Draw 1 Card to Hand

F4 = Draw Quest Card

F5 = Draw Encounter Card
F6 = Draw Shadow Card
F7 = Draw 2nd Encounter Card
F8 = Draw 2nd Shadow Card

F12 = Empty Hand - This moves the top card of your hand to the top of your draw deck. (do not change this keybinding!!)

CRTL+T = Take Control of Card

CTRL+R / CRT+SHIFT+R = Resource Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+W / CRT+SHIFT+W = Wound Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+P / CRT+SHIFT+P = Progress Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+A / CRT+SHIFT+A = Orange Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+S / CRT+SHIFT+S = Red Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+D / CRT+SHIFT+D = Purple Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+Z / CRT+SHIFT+Z = Blue Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+X / CRT+SHIFT+X = Yellow Generic Token (Add / Remove)
CTRL+C / CRT+SHIFT+C = Green Generic Token (Add / Remove)

CTRL+ALT+1 = Toggle Draw Mode ON / OFF
CTRL+ALT+2 = Clear Drawn Markings

F10 = Roll 6 sided Dice
F9 = Flip Coin

F1 = Refresh (+Threat, Untap all and Draw 1 Card)
- / + =  Threat  Add / Remove
Ctrl + 1,3,5 = Peak  1, 3, 5 (Peak at the top 1, 3 or 5 cards of your own draw deck)
Ctrl+SHIFT+1,3,5 = Scry 1, 3, 5 (Scry the top 1, 3 or 5 cards form the top of the 1st encounter deck)

How to install?

• Install LackeyCCG - http://www.lackeyccg.com/downloads.html
• Open the applicatio and click the button at the top (send from teh far right) called "PLUGIN"
• Copy this link to your clipboard - http://theblathering.5gbfree.com/LoTR-LCG/_Desktop/updatelist.txt
• Press the button in Lackey "Paste AutoUpdate URL".
• Then click "Install Update"

That is it! All done.

If the plugin says "errors in downloading"... just click the install button again. Sometimes Lackey fails to downlaod things for some reason. The links should all work.. so click it again and you should be good.

• Once you installed the plugin.. on that same screen click "Browse installed Plugins to Load One"
• Select - LoTRLCG
• Click - Choose

have fun!!

I'm going to use this as a test... if it works out then I'll move my other plugins there... 
 http://theblathering.5gbfree.com/

NOTE

I do not really play this game much anymore. This plugin will probably not get another update.. unless I get help from another. The truth is that I have moved most of my play into TableTop Simulator. There is also OCTGN.

The big plus of LackeyCCG over OCTGN was that it was that it also had iOS support.

If you wish to help

If you wish to help with this plugin then PM me on this forum and speak up.. all I really need is someone to enter the data into the cardtext file, as I hate doing that. I can then produce all the cards needs and get the plugin updated on the server.

sappidus likes this

downloading the app was fine, but updating/installing the plugin does not right now.

error: timed out while updating the plugin

It would be awesome is someone who has the lotrlcg plugin folder could upload and share it on Dropbox or something. I think that's all you need to get it working. I lost it about a week ago when I had to reinstall windows. I've been using OCTGN since but I much prefer TTB's plugin for LackeyCCG instead.

any chance anyone has the plugin file/folder to share, as stimpaksam requested?

I'd love to give this a go so I can get me brother into the game.