Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TragicTheBlathering

Lord of the Rings LCG for LackeyCCG (play it online with mates)

108 posts in this topic

Just ignore him, he is rude to everyone on here and acts like a child. I don't use LackeyCCG and just play with physical cards but nonetheless good on you for making this resource for the community Tragic! 

chuckles likes this

Hi, I'm a long-time OCTGN user, trying to get back into LackeyCCG because of OCGTN's lack of a Save feature. 

I am having a problem setting up some filters in the deck editor.  So here's my question:

I currently play 2-handed solo, and am proceeding linearly through the quests, allowing myself to use any cards which were available at the time the quests were released.  So, for the first Khazad Dum quest, I'm allowing myself any player cards from the Core Set, the Mirkwood cycle, and the Khazad Dum expansion.  Easy peasy, right?  Well, the challenge (for me) is getting those filters set up.

Specifically, I would like a filter which shows me only cards which are:

- set: Core set OR Mirkwood cycle OR Khazad Dum

- type: player cards only (hero OR ally OR attachment OR event OR)

- sphere: leadership OR lore OR neutral

I would love to be able to save that filter, which I can do with OCTGN (as a subscriber).

I would also love to have a second filter, for the other hand.  The only change is the sphere:

- sphere: tactics OR spirit OR neutral

So, is there a way in LackeyCCG to set up those 2 filters, and then save them, so that I don't have to manually set them up again each time I want to edit a deck?

Thanks!

Hey, LackeyCCG remains my favorite digital way of playing this game, especially for its iPad-ability. Tragic, I see you're posting videos again... Any chance that Lackey's LotR support will ever get updated? At least for the card pool past Voice of Isengard?

Sorry... for some strange reason my subscription to this thread was turned off and I didn't get a mail telling me someone replied.

Hey, LackeyCCG remains my favorite digital way of playing this game, especially for its iPad-ability. Tragic, I see you're posting videos again... Any chance that Lackey's LotR support will ever get updated? At least for the card pool past Voice of Isengard?

Yes, I will be updating the LackeyCCG plugin soon... as well as releasing two versions.. one for iPad with the abbreviated buttons and one for desktops with the longer button names. Just as soon as I get some time!

So, is there a way in LackeyCCG to set up those 2 filters, and then save them, so that I don't have to manually set them up again each time I want to edit a deck?

In the LackeyCCG Deck Editor on the left is a massive series of filter buttons. To filter by set simply click the "SET" button.. I think it is the 2nd button on the list and type in CORE or w/e and only CORE cards will be seen.

Unfortunately you can not add multiple filters. So you can not filter CORE + RTM as far as I know.

Your best bet is to use Zorbec's Awesome Deckbuilder. It is a must IMO for LoTR Fans and beats the hell out of all the online things. It has export for Lackey built in and also OCTGN (but I do not use OCTGN so haven't tested it)

Zorbec's Deck Builder - http://eric.minet.free.fr/lotrbuilder/index_en.htm

(Send him a few bucks donations he is a legend of the LCG community for like the last 10 years!)

Edited by TragicTheBlathering

Yes, I will be updating the LackeyCCG plugin soon... as well as releasing two versions.. one for iPad with the abbreviated buttons and one for desktops with the longer button names. Just as soon as I get some time!

Oho, excellent! I for one really look forward to seeing it: despite my respect for its community importance, I'm not really a fan of OCTGN (how many times can its crashes sabotage my solo 2-handed plays?!), and I can only build so many crappy attempts at an Erestor deck in real life before longing for a way to do, and test, it digitally. :)

Lackey is better than OCTGN in absolutely every conceivable way. It is a blight on the online scene that somehow that app become the standard.

Unfortunately I just do not have time to keep the LoTR plugin updated... so unless someone wants to take it over I'll just update it now and then.