Sign in to follow this  
soldeen70

Opinions on a campaign Idea.

Hey everyone, it's been a fair while since I have been on here... none the less, I have a slight idea for a campaign idea that I am thinking about running in the next few months.

So here goes.

I am basing my campaign around the Idea of the acolytes minds bieng wiped and having new memories put in as they where enemies (once great heroes) of the imperium. The acolytes where once rouge traders who found and knew a little to much, but thier skills and knowledge was to great to be put to waste... so the inquisition created new identitys for them (thier old memories are in them but not as memories, more visions or instinct) so the inquisition can locate and find and fix a particular problem that involved the rouges/acolytes

When they where rouge traders them and thier commander/captain found a very very rare alien artifact capable of corrupting even the purest of souls which could be a very significant threat to the imperium, the acolytes (rouges) are ambushed by the inquisition and given a chance of 'Redemption'... the acolytes take that chance.

The game will start off with the acolytes in a imperial prison ship as prisoners to the imperium (due to something thier fake identity has done). The cells have all been opened and the ship appears abbandoned, the acolytes must find out why they are there, why the ship is empty (it has a few insane imperials, and find a way to get themsleves to saftey (though use of the ship etc)
I am aiming for a sort of dark, creepy feeling for the first mission, any suggestions on events, plot twists, and general things that can be done and included to make this dark and creepy.

(this is a brief outline of what happens)

Hope this makes sense, it' very late at night and i dont make sense when im tired, nor is my grammer or spelling god either hah.

Cheers fellow Dark Heresiers

The "no memory thing" has the downside that your players will not be overly attached to their pc since they do not know them. And they might have problems developing a "behaviour" for their pcs, so the roleplaying could suffer.

I must have been half asleep when I wrote that hahaha, My wording is terrible, what im meaning was that they have memories, just ones that the inquisition has made for them, the players will not be told thier memory has been wiped until the very end of the campaign. haha. teachs me not to write things late at night :P
But thanks for the heads up :)

Well are the PCs told that they were mind wiped? If not that could give them the option of playing other races (unless our forcing your PC's to be mindwiped, which would suck for them). You can allow them to create their backstories for their charecters like any normal PC but at the end of their campaign you reveal to them their true history, which could lead chaos, shock, or even amazement!

@Belfire,

The players are not bieng told thier mind was wiped, they find that out near the end of the campaign.
And that was pretty much my plan, they make characters per norm, play the game and about 4/5 the way through it they find out about the mind wipe, what they do about it is up to them weather it be accept it, try find who they previously where, find why thier memory was wiped or try have revenge on the inquisitor for what he has done... 

hopefully it runs well. Through out it Ill be having friends and foe from thier previous memories (they wont have a clue who they are), An assasin hired by thier ex leader (a rouge trader whos gone rouge... no pun intended) to eliminate the acolytes before they can spill information about thier ex leader, 

Pretty much im running this campaign and then the prelude campaign... 
Prelude would either be the characters play as thier ex rouge trader selves, or as acolytes hunting them down for going rouge, tough descision.