Sign in to follow this  
Tareszon

Glyph creature!

Help - looking for some game related information (stats etc.) for the Glyph creature that features in Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts - Traitor General novel.

Anybody cooked something up themselves, or can someone point me to some info somewhere (on- or offline)?

By any chance do you mean the "Wirewolves"?

No stats that I know of are published, but I would make them as a bound daemonhost wearing a manequin-like wire-frame body (Machine trait) and improved natural weapons trait (really sharp claws).  Don't forget to make them run stupidly-fast (Unnatural Speed trait)!  They also had a drawback in that they had a limited duration of activity once they activated, so perhaps Warp Instability or something similar is in order?

If you are trying for the annoying Chaos drones that combined security guard and annoying warp-spawned gibberish loudspeaker features then we need to get a little more creative.  Start off with an Auspex Cyberskull, then add the Daemonic and Daemonic Aura traits.   It searches for people, it is chock-full of creepy evil, AND it wears on people's psyches (-10 to WP tests) when they are near the things!

I'd probably use the rules for creating a Dybuk from Disciples of the Dark Gods or the Radical's Handbook. These minor daemonhosts work well for your purposes.

One thing I've always wanted to try was making an Ogryn Dybuk. They'd be pretty freaking terrifying.

Hello!

I know this thread is probably quite dead, but I have to ask:

About the Glyphs and Wirewolves, did you find any homebrewed stats for them, or make any up by yourself?

I am planning on using creatures like them in a Deathwatch scenario I'm running, so it's really of interest!

Please answer me here (dracopticon) or on my original email: dracopticon@hotmail.com. Regards, Erik B.

Wirewolves! Love those warp-lightning enfused metal bastards!

As to how to represent them ingame, i'd imagine the Spire Hunter (deathwatch bestiary) would be a good start. I dont have the stats to hand but id imagine you wouldnt need to do much to change them to fit a Wirewolf

Spire-Slayer seems a bit over the top for a Wirewolf, I mean the thing is supposed to solo hives, and can take on a whole Kill-team of the Astartes. Probably a little much for DH.

The Slinnar War machine though, that might make a good base.