Sign in to follow this  
signoftheserpent

Imperial Psyker Errata Question

According to the errata I just discovered (hooray!) the Sanctionate advances should include Psy Rating 1. I don't get this: Psykers start with that anyway, so what's the point? Does that mean that buying it again increases it to 2? I don't think that's how it works. (Errata p.6). Thanks.

Tom Cruise said:

Most career paths seem to have all of their starting talents and skills avaliable to buy from rank 1, even though you should have them. I think it's a failsafe for background packages or something, I'm not entirely sure really.

Cruise has the right of it. The duplication is there for background packages that say "replace starting skill/talent x with skill/talent y" so that, for example, a character doesn't end up lacking the base level of a skill that they could purchase the +10 for at rank 2.

The errata is a bit overwhelming (especially without a working printer!).

I'm going to have to revisit character generation somewhat as well.

Is there anything else that hasn't been errata'd? The errata is 2 years old and only covers DH and IH (which is all i have for the moment).

If you have a copy of Rogue Trader I pretty much use the rules published there as DH eratta.  The one big exception is I very much preffer the psychic power rules in DH to those in RT/DW/BC.

As mentioned earlier, the reason the eratta lists all the starting skills and talents for rank 1 characters is to accomodate alternate starting packages for different character concepts.  For example, if a player wants to play an Atillan Rough Rider character, selects Imperial World for origin and Guardsman for career, but the GM agrees that Wrangling should replace Drive(Ground) for his starting skills.  Later the same character begins training to operate Chimera APCs for a mission to a forge world, so the "starting free skill" needs to be buyable.