Sign in to follow this  
The Strolling Bones

Northern Tracker vs. Rhosgobel

Does anybody else feel like Northern Tracker kinda breaks the Rhosgobel location. I mean one tracker in 4 turns can completely explore it and when mixed with Snowborn Scouts and other exploration themed cards a player can destroy Rhosgobel.

Has this been addressed in the errata? Has Rhosgobel been given text like the Carrok or are players at their liberty to eliminate Rhosgobel through card effects?

The Strolling Bones said:

Does anybody else feel like Northern Tracker kinda breaks the Rhosgobel location. I mean one tracker in 4 turns can completely explore it and when mixed with Snowborn Scouts and other exploration themed cards a player can destroy Rhosgobel.

Has this been addressed in the errata? Has Rhosgobel been given text like the Carrok or are players at their liberty to eliminate Rhosgobel through card effects?

If you consider it "breaking" the Rhosgobel location, then Snowbourn Scout + Ride to Ruin probably does the job most efficiently (in a single turn).  This has not been addressed in card errata (which you can find here), so some people obviously do use it as a tactic to make Wilyador a fair bit easier to heal via Glorfindel, Radagast, etc.

I personally have never gone out of my way to try to take advantage of getting rid of Rhosgobel before it can be made into the active location, but it can certainly make A Journey to Rhosgobel easier depending on the tactics people try to use.

Rhosgobel is still a difficult scenario and you will nevertheless lose if you don't dra enough Athelas and/or Lore of Imladris. So, I guess exploring Rhosgobel as fast as possible is no problem.

There are always those games where, even though you have 3 Norther Trackers in your deck, they somehow all manage to be clear at the bottom and you never draw one.  

But without even being so extreme, if you don't get to play Northern Tracker until, say, round 3, it is probably already too late to let the card run its course for 4 rounds to get rid of Rhosgobel for you.  In my opinion, it still takes some other planning and resourcefulness...so yay for this game.