Sign in to follow this  
Staton

Octgn Tourney Jan 9th-Feb 12th Sign up by Jan 7th

I figured I'd just make a new thread. Please post your email address and if you are EU or US bracket.

EDIT: Rules! They seem important.

UPDATE: Players who have rules questions or other concerns in the middle of a game may either email me (staton70 at gmail dot com) or Gualdo (andrea.gualdoni at gmail dot com). I suggest sending an email to both of us and whoever is able to respond first will.

You must keep the same deck from week to week. There can't be any changes to the deck whatsoever. The deck you start the tourney with will be the deck you end the tourney with.

The Tournament is scheduled to start on on January 9th. I will post the pairings that morning. That means the swiss rounds will end on February 12th. We will hold the two final four games on Feb 18th. The third place game and the finals game will be played on Feb 19th.

Matches will be Posted on Monday morning by 8:00 AM CST (GMT-6).

If a game crashes within the first two turns then the game should be restarted. If the game crashes on turn 3 or after then you can still restart the game if both players agree. However if there is not enough time for both players to continue playing and can't find another suitable time to play please contact me via Email and we can work something out.

Matches must be reported to me by email staton70@gmail.com or on these boards no later than the next Sunday at Midnight (so technically Monday morning I guess), again Midnight CST (GMT-6). If a game isn't reported by then, I will drop both players and the person who was supposed to play them will get a bye for the next round.

There will be five rounds of swiss with a cut to the top four from each bracket. The top US seed will played the 4th EU Seed and vice versa.

All cards up to On Dangerous Grounds will be legal for this tournament. So On Dangerous Grounds will be legal, but the 4th pack in Tales of Champions will not be. I'm assuming we won't start until sometime in January, so On Dangerous Grounds should be out by then. If On Dangerous Grounds has not been released as of the first day of the tourney, it won't be legal. It must be released on Octgn for it to be legal.

Swiss rounds will be best of One, games after the cut will be Best of Three. If you and your opponent want to do Best of Three in the prelims, that's fine, but you both have to agree to it.

Other than these rules, we will be using official FFG rules, so bans and erratas and such. We will be using the most up to date FAQ as of the start of the tourney. No FAQs released after the start of the tourney will have any impact on the tourney.

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know in this thread or by email.

If you're going to start up a tourney - could we at least have the tourney rules and format listed in the thread? What CPs are legal? Does it include cards we don't have text for in-game (in OCTGN)? How many days do you have to play a match-up you've been assigned?

I'm very interested in an OCTGN tourney, but it'd be nice to know what I'm signing up for first!

[uS] or [EU] works for me, as I'm on GMT-3:30
alexanderhynes [at] gmail [dot] com

-Istaril said:

If you're going to start up a tourney - could we at least have the tourney rules and format listed in the thread? What CPs are legal? Does it include cards we don't have text for in-game (in OCTGN)? How many days do you have to play a match-up you've been assigned?

I'm very interested in an OCTGN tourney, but it'd be nice to know what I'm signing up for first!

[uS] or [EU] works for me, as I'm on GMT-3:30
alexanderhynes [at] gmail [dot] com

Rules edited in. Also, I'll look at numbers and see if we have an odd number in either eu or us before I assign you to a group.

those blank octgn cards are so annoying (though i understand why it must be done). id be curious to see if anyone cared if we restricted the tourney to only unblanked octgn cards. that might help with the tourney draw to get more newer players in. would also save alot of time during the matches for those of us who dont have every card memorized.

I think it is important to keep it current. The tourney is meant to judge the current environment and to test decks in prep for other tourneys (at least in my mind) and won't help if we are six months behind the actual environment in our online tourney. It should be pretty easy to have an open browser window to one of the card databases. If you have questions about certain cards just go look it up really quick.

jmccarthy said:

I'm in.  US Bracket.  Can we use a different deck each round?

Luke Homen / Jimm / jmccarthy (all contact info in the octgn spreadsheet)

No, you will use the same deck from the beginning to the end of the tourney. I'll edit the rules to reflect this.

Also at this time I plan on livestreaming the two final four games, then the third place game, and then the final game. There will be two announcers (not sure who I'm going to have do this yet) and I'll have the recordings uploaded by the next day after I livestream them. However I don't want to livestream if I'm going to have like five viewers, I'd just record and then upload later. Would anyone actually be interested in a livestream?

Yeah I was planning on having two per game. Maybe changing up one of them between each game. I also have contacted butterbumps on the matter. Man I love his blood bowl announcing! lol

Also I edited the rules to reflect the decision to go with five rounds of swiss before we cut to a top four from each bracket and how seeding is going to work.

Also, if anyone wants to record their prelim match, please feel free. Let me know and we'll work out a way to get it to me so that I can host it for everyone to see. I only ask that you type what challenges you are doing in the Octgn dialog box. Even if its something as simple as "military" or "intrigue" Just so we know what's going on. Time permitting we might also record some announcers as well before we post the video. Its probably a good idea to check the video quality before sending it to me.

The Tournament is scheduled to start on on January 9th. I will post the pairings that morning. That means the swiss rounds will end on February 12th. We will hold the two final four games on Feb 18th. The third place game and the finals game will be played on Feb 19th.