Sign in to follow this  
Sturn

Player's Guide Dunk Test

I decided to test out the durability of my brand new Player's Guide to the effects of dunking it completely in water.

Surprisingly, it came through quite well. The finished paper seemed to lessen the effects since it is not as absorbant as say a paperback novel. After drying, the cover seems to be fine and there is little warping to be seen. I give it a Defense of 2 and Soak of 1 versus Water-Based Attacks.

Explanation: In my excitement at obtaining my new guide, I of course had to read it while sitting upon my favorite reading chair. You know, the one that happens to have a large bath tub beside it. The tub was full of water after my baby daughter played/bathed in it, it had not yet been drained, and I made the decision to lay the book on the side of the tub when my time on my reading chair was over......

Hi,

Awesome.

Have been contemplating whether I can peruse my Players/creatures Guide while taking a bath, but so far too cautious to take the plunge. Your invaluable research is greatly appreciated, and my next bath shall be accompanied by GM plot reading.

Thank you sir.

I am happy to confirm that the various action and talent cards are resistant to being drowned in coca cola by clumsy players. Quickly wiping them down with a damp cloth and then letting them dry naturally (so not near a radiator or any other heat source) did the trick. I now can't tell the cards that were in 'Cokegate' apart from the rest.

In completely unrelated news that player's PC got cut in half by a Wargor shortly afterwards... angel.gif