Sign in to follow this  
voidstate

Creatures Anathema Has Mook Rules?

The most surprising thing I read in the RPGnet review of Creatures Anathema was that the book contains not one but two sets of mook rules.

In addition to advice, the chapter also includes optional rules for minions (two different options, titled “Simple Minion Rules” and “Colorful Minion Rules”)...

Has anyone got a copy of the book yet and can give us a preview?

Personally, I think this is something that could vastly improve the tone of the game, allowing the GM to pace the action much better and also to better replicate the 40K books I have read.

vs

This the aspect of the book I am looking forward to the most. Well, just before the Ork and Eldar too.

I just hope there is enough information about eldar and orks to make them into intresting characters, even perhaps player characters. But might be a bit too much to ask for.

And why did they not include ratlings in the core rules? I dont see any reason not too. They are even well liked. And you can _not_ argue that they are overpowered like the ogryn, compared to other characters. 

I already y own mook rules.

Lowly mooks have no Wounds. Damage rolled is reduced by armour and toughness and applied straight to Crits.

"Lieutenant" Mooks have half their listed wounds.

"Boss" NPC's and large creatures have their full compliment of wounds.

It's always worked for me, my players are none the wiser, and it avoids me having to explain why it took so long to kill that lowly Gretchin scout.

Idaan said:

Colorful?

I thought they would keep the BE spelling, as the game is British to the core.

Bear in mind that it's a quote from a review. The actual text could well use the UK English spelling - afterall, Shades of Empire (the first WFRP book produced entirely by FFG, much as Creatures Anathema is the first DH book produced entirely by FFG) uses the UK spelling.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Idaan said:

Colorful?

I thought they would keep the BE spelling, as the game is British to the core.

Bear in mind that it's a quote from a review. The actual text could well use the UK English spelling - afterall, Shades of Empire (the first WFRP book produced entirely by FFG, much as Creatures Anathema is the first DH book produced entirely by FFG) uses the UK spelling.

Probably because FFG hired a lot of the original BI development staff.  Who are from the UK.

Space Monkey said:

I already y own mook rules.

Lowly mooks have no Wounds. Damage rolled is reduced by armour and toughness and applied straight to Crits.

"Lieutenant" Mooks have half their listed wounds.

"Boss" NPC's and large creatures have their full compliment of wounds.

It's always worked for me, my players are none the wiser, and it avoids me having to explain why it took so long to kill that lowly Gretchin scout.

At least, this helps speeding up minor fights that are only intended to set the moot are proof that there is trouble to be had. But I do not think that this is something that works for all gaming groups. I know some players that will start to become REALLY "discussive" if they were able to drop a human opponent with one solid hit and now start to have problems to drop one of them with 3 hits.

But well, these are just my folks ^^. I think I could make use of this...

As far as minion rules go, I’m partial to the notion everyone starts out with 4 fewer wounds, than amount the rules indicate. Players, significant foes and grunts who are not supposed to be inexperienced have already ”bought up” to the by the book wound amounts.