Sign in to follow this  
dcdennis

KTOM Appreciation Thread

To all those folks who have gotten great answers from KTOM on here, lets take a second to say thank you. I think we can all agree that navigating that these rules can be a very confusing maze to those not well versed in their application. Having resources like KTOM available to use to untie the knots makes playing this game that much more enjoyable.

So cheers KTOM, this buds for you!

So, are we having one of these every few weeks now? Is ktom appreciation the new "where can I find the rules for seasons"? gui%C3%B1o.gif

Not that I don't appreciate ktom, mind you. He's one of my favourite people I've never met, and the fact that he is not an international superstar, venerated by the masses the same way he is by us feeble few, ranks highly on my list of things that are wrong with the world. But then, we had a thread like this like three weeks ago - and you posted in it.

Ratatoskr said:

So, are we having one of these every few weeks now? Is ktom appreciation the new "where can I find the rules for seasons"? gui%C3%B1o.gif

Not that I don't appreciate ktom, mind you. He's one of my favourite people I've never met, and the fact that he is not an international superstar, venerated by the masses the same way he is by us feeble few, ranks highly on my list of things that are wrong with the world. But then, we had a thread like this like three weeks ago - and you posted in it.

when you tell your wife/mother/sister you love her, does she say "Ya I know you told me three weeks ago."? No, she says thank you, I love you too. Sometimes it is nice to know you are appreciated, whether it's once a month, or once a day. 

I'd like to point out that a couple of others have been picking up a lot of the slack recently. Saturnine and Rat come to mind immediately, but there are others, too. This board really is a team effort. 

Thank-you for the appreciation. I do what I can. (Comparison to the women in Rat's life being a whole other topic. gui%C3%B1o.gif)

dh098017 said:

when you tell your wife/mother/sister you love her, does she say "Ya I know you told me three weeks ago."? No, she says thank you, I love you too. Sometimes it is nice to know you are appreciated, whether it's once a month, or once a day. 

~Dude, I really hope you speak from a more general viewpoint here, and not from any kind of firsthand knowledge of how my wife reacts to professions of love...or my mother.

@ktom - we can take care of some of the easy stuff for you, but we still need you for the difficult ones.

On a side note I would really like to see FFG promote some of the people that are consistently correct in their rulings with a forum icon/tag system so people can see when an 'official' ruling has been made.

(obviously i dont mean that FFG should say that these people speak for FFG, but maybe a 'this person has been certified in the rules and is probably correct' type indication. Maybe make your forum names a diff color or something. i know when i first started the process of learning the game, reading half these threads confused the heck out of me because half the of the posters said X and half the posters said Y and I didnt know who to believe.)

I've been pleasently surprised by the help I've received from KTOM and others on this forum. Thank you very much for your patience and time!! You've made understanding and falling in love with this game all the more enjoyable!

As someone who started playing a little over a year ago i have to say thank you a thousand times for answering my idiotic questions with easy to understand answers and no sense of snark

it really makes a difference when learning a game to have someone like you give precise answers whenever needed

side note  i hate how other people have ktoms picture because ill see it and assume its KTOM and suddenly realize it is not . . .. . . and then ill feel lied to

jack merridew said:

side note  i hate how other people have ktoms picture because ill see it and assume its KTOM and suddenly realize it is not . . .. . . and then ill feel lied to

Hey, me too! Next time we see some noob sporting an Army of the Faithful avatar, we need to corner him in some dark alley and, uh,  give him a stern talking to.

Mathias Fricot said:

The only thing I appreciate is block sleeves appropriately coloured to the house being played, with their secondary colour used for the plot deck/house card/agenda sleeves.

And rules clarification.

Back in the CCG days, when the draft packs all had a copy of each house card, one player made a Greyjoy deck, put it into clear sleeves, and then went around the convention center collecting everyone else's Greyjoy house card, so that his card backs were all krakens.  Pretty cool.