Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ffgjosh

Changes to the Quest Log

40 posts in this topic

Glaurung said:

Hmmm strange thing. Until now FFG still not add to the quest log Shadow and Flame and Hobbits quests. Why so long delay?

No heroes from them neither.

Mighty Jim said:

Has anyone contacted them directly to enquire about this?

does anyone know which email address we would need to use in order to do so?

at the top of the page go ….more- contact ffg

rich

Recently I decided to log also failed quest for my own record keeping. Now it seems that the quest log does display them correctly (under logged quests) but it also does something weird. It assumes for some internal purposes that failed quest has a score of 50 and for this reason it does not highlight your best scores in green as it used to be (as long as you logged at least 1 fail and not achieved a score lower that 50 for a scenario).

If fails need to have a score for some internal application purpose it should assume the score of 1000 or so we can easily locate the attempts with best results for a given quest.

Has anyone else been having problems with this lately?

It still has all my quests logged, but in the summary screen it says that I've completed 0 quests (0%) and used each hero 0% of the time

Mighty Jim said:

It still has all my quests logged, but in the summary screen it says that I've completed 0 quests (0%) and used each hero 0% of the time

I've got exactly the same.

I tried using this for the first time yesterday and I thought I would share my thoughts with the community. I have to say I am completely under-whelmed with the quest log.

Firstly, in a two player game you have to enter each player's heros seperately. Which is fine but my partner does not have a FFG account (she uses me to source rules / queries etc.) I would much prefer to see all of the heros being logged in 2/3/4 player scenarios as it will make a huge difference depending on what sphere's they belong to and what their traits are as there is no way of linking accounts with the completed/failed quests in the log.

Secondly, I wanted to make a play by play account of our adventure. We played The Watcher in the Water (first time for playing that quest as well). We got lucky but still won with a very repectable score of 136 for two players. However there is no where to log what was revealed from the encounter deck, who played what card, who killed what etc. I had to resort to typing all of this information into the log which added about an hour to the game time (I'm not the quickest of typists).

Thirdly, the summary shows the community average score for that quest. Again we had a very respectable score and we were only 2.46 points below the average. But I can't see what the best score for that quest is. In any of the player modes - solo, 2, 3 or 4 player. So I have no idea if the average is everyone all being roughly around that score of if the best 2 player score is something like 70 and the worst is something like 200 and everything in between is balancing it out.

So to summarise, I will probably use the quest log again, but without typing a small essay of how we progressed. The term 'quest log' implies it is a documentary of what we did, what we encountered and how we overcame (or failed) that particular quest. I think it is more of a online quest scoring system with a few statistics added in for good measure. I believe a lot more can be done with this which will make this a truely useful and pleasing addition to the game. However in it's current guise I am a disappointed with it, but do believe the scope is there for it to be really good.

Lee

I'm thinking about attempting a statistic report page much like the one AH has here on the forums. 

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=paPMgoencsRppq3PEYWXmQQ&hl=en. 

You can see it wil be a lot of work. The varied nature of the quests would probably require a seperate page for each quest. 

Something like- page 1 overall stats- number of "players", heroes used, score, (maybe  expansions used). Then a link to a second page with specifics by quest. you may have to reenter the same information from the 1st page twice, I can't think of an easy way to have it transfer over. I am wiling to do all the "coding", hosting and calculating, but I don't have enough time to play through all the quests to find the highlights that would require logging. 

I don't think a turn by turn log is something a could handle, Ideally I would want a set of check boxes of the exceptional stuff. a way to maybe add a note if something amazing happens and a way to view overall stats for all entries, overall stats for each quest, and personal (local group) stats for both also.

I would be using Numbers and saving as Excel and posting to Google Docs, and hoping the formatting doesn't get goofed by the badness that is Excel. I use both Numers and Excel but am mostly a Mac user so if anyone knows how to deal with the problems that might arise any tips would be much apreciated.

This venture might take some time to get going and I don't want to start a thred on it until it happens so just post any thoughts you have here or PM me.   

What I'm looking for right now is any help anyone might be willing to give and a by quest or by encounter deck symbol list of exceptional happenings.

Mighty Jim said:

Same Here!

Anyone knows if the easy and nightmare mode will eventually be supported in the Quest Log, either by making each quest appear multiple times (with the easy / standard / nightmare qualifier as part of the quest name) or by adding a field to indicate the difficulty used (first option is much better, for the sake of comparing scores between people)?