Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ffgjosh

Changes to the Quest Log

40 posts in this topic

Greetings, fans of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game!

Some of you may have noticed recent changes to the Quest Log. The Quest Log now defaults to show scores logged after November 1st, 2011, the release of the new scoring system.

This new scoring system lays the foundation for the launch of the game’s organized play program, which is currently being tested by R&D.

None of your old scores have been lost. To view scores entered before November 1st, 2011, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click a link that will change the date range for the scores you wish to view.

Thanks!

This seems to make sense - as it removes all the old scores from play that would otherwise skew the averages etc.

My only concern is that there's nothing to stop people entering old format scores after November 1st - would it be possible to include a "number of rounds" box, and instead of filtering before /after November 1st, give players an option of whether they enter their scores in version 1.0 or version 2.0 (or whatever the new one is) - that would make it much more explicit for anyone who hasn't read the update, and just logs in to report quests.

Mighty Jim said:

would it be possible to include a "number of rounds" box, (...) that would make it much more explicit for anyone who hasn't read the update, and just logs in to report quests.

Great idea !

Hello all.  I'm new to the community having signed up after discovering the nice LOTR Quest Log.

Question though...I play most of my solo games with multiple decks to simulate multiple players.  I don't see any way to record all the info for a game as I can only enter 3 heroes (not the 6,9,12 that I might play).

Am I missing something?  Or, is the log just meant to capture a single deck solo game or a "real" multi-player game where I'm just one of multiple players?

Thanks.

Lotrken said:

Hello all.  I'm new to the community having signed up after discovering the nice LOTR Quest Log.

Question though...I play most of my solo games with multiple decks to simulate multiple players.  I don't see any way to record all the info for a game as I can only enter 3 heroes (not the 6,9,12 that I might play).

Am I missing something?  Or, is the log just meant to capture a single deck solo game or a "real" multi-player game where I'm just one of multiple players?

Thanks.

this was one of the major complaints  people had when the quest log first came out. Despite all the stuff we've had in the last week or so about "new quest log" they haven't provided any new features, just a filter to shut out pre-November quest entries.

It's all a bit disappointing really.

I've been playing with a friend 2-player games for a while.  I'm interested in this Quest Log, but it does seem like that it is a real limitation that it cannot properly capture multiplayer (or multi-deck) games.  I would expect this could be implemented so that I could enter a quest result and include my friend's account as one of the players with his own heroes.  These games would then not be used for comparisons.  For a game that has much going for it as a multiplayer game, I think this is an important enhancement the website owners should implement soon!

~Bene

That said... thank you, folks at Fantasy Flight games for developing a useful website and forum for this game!  It's not like I am paying a subscription fee to use it, and I realize the business model will have limitations on what you can support for it.  That said, if a moderate subscription fee of $5-10 yearly would enable significant enhancements to the site, I would support it.  Maybe even monthly, but there are probably many that would not be able to afford this in our current economy.

~Bene

I am having trouble viewing quest log entries from the last two days -- is it a problem with the new 2012 dates?  It says I have logged them correctly, but they do not show up in the quest view.

Smoke83 said:

I am having trouble viewing quest log entries from the last two days -- is it a problem with the new 2012 dates?  It says I have logged them correctly, but they do not show up in the quest view.

I had the same problem yesterday. When I tried to log a quest I completed on January 1, 2012, it happened just as you say. I then tried logging the exact same information but changed the date as if the game was played on December 31, 2011 - it worked like a charm.

Something is currently wrong with the Quest Log and making entries dated 2012.

FFG? It's your move... gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm new to the quest log so I just wanted to make sure I'm not just entering it wrong but they don't appear to show up when I enter quests. Can anyone confirm this is broken or am I just a total noob?

Thanks. I guess I'll just log them in a notebook and enter them later. I hope this gets fixed soon serio.gif

Change date to something like 31.12.2012 for example. I think that system works as everything before november goes to the old system jar. But it checks the month before november without counting year. Or the new year is the problem.

Still a Problem at time of post.  Just got the game and looking forward to utilizing the log to keep track of successful for me and the wife.  Hope it's up soon.

Looks to be working now. I'd been logging everything as December 31st, but a few times I'd forgotten, submitted on the real date, and had to redo the record. Those "lost" records showed up in my quest log, and the current date can now be properly submitted.

Hey, 

I try to compare my quest log with the one from a friend. However, I always get a err=no_friend_db message in the address bar and can't see her results.

However, when she compares her quest log to mine, it works. What did I miss? I added the QuestLog to my game resoruces as well. 

Furthermore, I would also love to be able to add all the heroes of multiplayer games instead of just one player's heroes. 

So, the way I understand this is that you are supposed to log the total team score, but do it several times if you are more than one player(deck), right?

Example, Adam and Anna get 150pts in total for one game (the combined team score). Anna logs the play as 2-players, 150pts and puts her heroes in. Adam logs the game as 2-players, 150pts and puts his heroes in.

Is this the right way to do it?

Plus,

There doesn't seem to be a way to see how many times you failed a quest. What is the point of being able to log failed quests if you can't see the full statistics afterwards?

The quest log is the absolutely most interesting feature on this site for me (since the rules when signing up says this isn't for asking about rules, which in it self is strange).

But it leaves so much to offer! I really hope there will be some work done on it!

At the moment I think we all have to log our quests elsewhere in some way, paper or .txt-file, and hope features get added.

What bugged me today was that I, as a new player, didn't know about the revised scoring. So I did some quests, and learned the game, and finally completed the some quests, Hurray Hurray! So I wanted to log my games and learn about revised scoring and of course I haven't been counting turns! Darn!

Now, that my scores won't be counted since they don't fit the new scoring, that's fine with me (but might not be with others), but I of course still want to log my games and write a bit about what I did right/wrong and what tactics/strategy I tried to use and what was exacting in the game. But what score do I put in the score-field?
I tried leaving it empty, but that didn't work. O tried entering 9999 points but I guess that really screws up my stats. I tried entering 0 points but I guess that also screws with my stats (and is a real obtainable score also I think?).

Do I have to resort to GUESSING my score since I don't know how many turns? Or do I have to abandon my long musings about my early adventures in the game totally? What if the scoring changes again? Am I supposed to check this site before every time I play the game since the scoring-system might have changed since last time and my score-calculations might be useless?

Well. . That's one thing I think REALLY must be fixed!

And of course we also want to be able to enter the full deck one used and so on. . . ;-)

Bjorne said:

So, the way I understand this is that you are supposed to log the total team score, but do it several times if you are more than one player(deck), right?

Example, Adam and Anna get 150pts in total for one game (the combined team score). Anna logs the play as 2-players, 150pts and puts her heroes in. Adam logs the game as 2-players, 150pts and puts his heroes in.

Is this the right way to do it?

That's the same question I am wondering, or do we add the rounds to each players individual score? I play two decks so do I enter my group of heros twice?  Under the scoring system suggested by Bjorne, the players will have the same score.  But inwhat I suggested the players will have different scores.

I think bjorne is right, does anyone know for sure?  If this is the correct method it's annoying that I'd have to enter my two groups of heros as two different games even though they have the same score.

I have a question on the Quest Log for Quests where you lose. 

It appears you can enter a quest with a 'fail' result but then they don't seem to appear in your quest summary. Is there something I am missing or are they dismissed? 

Thanks!