Sign in to follow this  
Coys1882

Littlefinger and Stinking Drunk

Our game at lunch hour had me as Bara (core set) and my co-worker Josh as Lann (core set)

I played Stinking Drunk on Littlefinger. He is 3 STR plus +1 for every gold in his pool. At the time he had 2 gold in his pool which left Littlefinger at +1 after the effect of my attachment. Come taxation phase would Littlefinger die? I said Yes but Josh said that couldn't possibly be how the game could work.

Am I right?

Correcting myself. Wrong answer. I thought it was a different card.

The +2 on Littlefinger's card means you gain +2 gold to your gold pool each turn. The gold is not on Littlefinger physically, it's in the pool of gold you use to marshall other cards. At the taxation phase all your gold will go back to the treasury and Littlefinger would resort back to his original printed 3 STR. Also, Stinking Drunk only triggers it's -4 STR when the attached character, Littlefinger, is chosen as an attacker or defender in a challenge. He is not automatically given -4 STR. Also, when a character's STR is reduced to 0 (it can't go lower than 0) it isn't killed unless the card giving it the -STR specifically says "kill attached character when it's STR is 0."

Coys1882 said:

Am I right?
I'll pull the really important stuff out of Rogue Cypher's answer to make sure it didn't get lost:
  • In this game, characters are not killed or discarded just because their STR reaches 0. Even if Littlefinger reached 0 STR, he would not be killed unless there was a card that specifically said so.
  • Stinking Drunk only gives its -4 when the character is participating in a challenge. So it is not lowering Littlefinger's STR during Taxation.

ktom said:

Coys1882 said:

Am I right?

I'll pull the really important stuff out of Rogue Cypher's answer to make sure it didn't get lost:

• In this game, characters are not killed or discarded just because their STR reaches 0. Even if Littlefinger reached 0 STR, he would not be killed unless there was a card that specifically said so.
  • Stinking Drunk only gives its -4 when the character is participating in a challenge. So it is not lowering Littlefinger's STR during Taxation.

Sorry, I'm a little out of it and kept editing my post and it just got... wordy. Apologies all 'round.

Rogue Cypher said:

Sorry, I'm a little out of it and kept editing my post and it just got... wordy. Apologies all 'round.
No worries. The points were right, it just seemed to be buried a bit.