Sign in to follow this  
pduggan

Rogue trader amazon releases

I don't know for certain, but FFG do seem to favour supplying smaller, independent retailers first. I imagine this is because they want to support the grass roots of the gaming industry as a whole. After all, the more FLGS there are, the better it is for the hobby as a whole. However, that's only my assumption, I certainly can't speak for FFG on this point! happy.gif

Lightbringer said:

I don't know for certain, but FFG do seem to favour supplying smaller, independent retailers first. I imagine this is because they want to support the grass roots of the gaming industry as a whole. After all, the more FLGS there are, the better it is for the hobby as a whole. However, that's only my assumption, I certainly can't speak for FFG on this point! happy.gif

That is an amazingly brilliant observation. While I love amazon's great prices, they've ruined the hobby gaming industry. There used to be 2000 stores in North America 10 years ago, and now it's about 600. If we want this hobby to stay around, we need game stores! On the flip side, I like paying $35 for a big RT book instead of $50. It's hard.

I ordered Fallen Suns from Amazon and they said I would get it this week. They have since revised the delivery date to the middle of December. I have cancelled the order and instead ordered it from Spirit Games (a bricks and mortar shop which also does online sales) who have it in stock. Getting it two quid cheaper is not worth having to wait a whole extra month.