Sign in to follow this  
Dark Bunny Lord

Rites of Battle, Custom Chapter "Trappings"?

So I'm new to Deathwatch (long time Rouge Trader / Dark Heresy player) and started building my own chapter but I noticed something missing in the "Rites of Battle" book that walks you through building your own custom chapter and that was that there didn't seem to be anything about making the trappings. They had very detailed stuff for all the other rules, but trappings where missing.

Anyone know if I'm simply missing it somewhere, was it just forgot or what?

Dark Bunny Lord said:

So I'm new to Deathwatch (long time Rouge Trader / Dark Heresy player) and started building my own chapter but I noticed something missing in the "Rites of Battle" book that walks you through building your own custom chapter and that was that there didn't seem to be anything about making the trappings. They had very detailed stuff for all the other rules, but trappings where missing.

Well . . . I get the feeling that it's both an oversight and that it's not something that can necessarily be constrained to a set of rules. Anyway, take a look at the Chapter Trappings for already defined chapters on page 169 of the Deathwatch core rulebook. As best as I can tell, they're items that are a part of the culture and traditions of the chapter and, with exception to the ornamental/symbolic weapons, provide a small bonus of some kind to the battle brother of the appropriate chapter wearing it. The bonuses themselves are small - typically no more than 1-3 points to a stat or test - and are often highly situational. They're also items that all battle brothers of that chapter would be in possession of, so they shouldn't be anything exceptionally rare or outlandish.

Hope this helps somewhat.

-Kirov

Kirov said:

Dark Bunny Lord said:

Well . . . I get the feeling that it's both an oversight and that it's not something that can necessarily be constrained to a set of rules. Anyway, take a look at the Chapter Trappings for already defined chapters on page 169 of the Deathwatch core rulebook. As best as I can tell, they're items that are a part of the culture and traditions of the chapter and, with exception to the ornamental/symbolic weapons, provide a small bonus of some kind to the battle brother of the appropriate chapter wearing it. The bonuses themselves are small - typically no more than 1-3 points to a stat or test - and are often highly situational. They're also items that all battle brothers of that chapter would be in possession of, so they shouldn't be anything exceptionally rare or outlandish.

Hope this helps somewhat.

-Kirov

Well yes I agree it could not be set to a certain constraint, but like solo mode abilities, demeanors, etc, I would have thought they simply would have made a chart and said "feel free to come up with more alternatives with your GM as this is just a small list of idea's.

Anywho, thanks for the answer none the less. Just thought I needed a second view in case I kept overlooking it somewhere. House making it shouldn't be difficult at all.