Sign in to follow this  
Häxjägare

Uncharted space

Hi!

I'm running a DH group with a few friends and they are approaching(slowly and steady) ascension levels. The campaign I have played is something I have written myself and so far they have enjoyed it. Now that we are going to bump the characters up a bit I'm starting to plan the ascension campaign. One of the ideas that I threw out was something that they really seemed to enjoy. The idea was that an crusade or explorer fleet would be launched from the Calixis Sector into uncharted space to push the boundaries of imperial space. And that the group of characters would be one of the Inquisitorial departments tagging along to make sure that everything goes according to plans. What I need help with is to actually figure out in which direction to send them? Halo Stars seems like a no-no, but what else is bordering on the Calixis Sector that is uncharted? Any ideas? I haven't gone through any of the RT stuff, but is there maps or things in there one could use?

One of the upsides with my group is that they don't know a lot about 40k so the information they have gathered for the characters is the information they have(which they have done an amazing job of). So I figured that I could use a couple of cliches in the upcoming campaign(like in Xeno-encounters and such). But ideas and such would be welcomed if anyone wants to throw anything out there.

Cheers!

Why not the Halo Stars? The Koronus Expanse from Rogue Trader seems ideally suited for your campaign: there is already a Crusade from the Calixis Sector trying to bring this stretch of space into the Imperium, and the Expanse has a good combination of intital detail and "blank spaces" to allow for exploration.

I just looked it up and you are right, it seems lika a brilliant setting. In DH I mostly saw stuff about the Halo stars that said "don't go there". But you are right, this could be really cool. Any other information about the area then in the RT-book?

Häxjägare said:

I just looked it up and you are right, it seems lika a brilliant setting. In DH I mostly saw stuff about the Halo stars that said "don't go there". But you are right, this could be really cool. Any other information about the area then in the RT-book?

BAM!

and a slightly more pricy

BAM!