Sign in to follow this  
Tunnelhckrat

Psyker powers......WTF

When a psyker gets the talents:

Warp conduit, rite of sanctioning, Favor of the warp.

They all stack and make it incredibly hard to generate perils as the Psyker rolls 2 times on the phenomena chart, picks the lowest, makes the phenomena roll anything under that unless its perils, and then only perils on 85 plus......

Overpowered a little?

I'm not certain what the problem is - it looks to me like you can't get Favoured by the Warp until Rank 7.  By Rank 7, it SHOULD be hard for a Librarian to generate Perils of the Warp, as they're more experienced.  And on the rare occasions when a Psyker DOES trigger Perils, it's that much more memorable.

I'd also like to point out that you have to survive long enough to reach the appropriate ranks for some of those talents. Not all GMs award experience at the same rate, and in some cases, you might not even reach the higher ranks at all before a campaign's end. Besides, when one of the results of Perils of the Warp is summoning a fraggin' Daemon Prince, I would hope that the Librarian has at least some means of not getting to that point in the first place!

-Kirov

Hi there. I believe you are referring to talents. You are correct that these talents do confer a lesser chance to generate a perils of the warp. If you do notice, Librarians have access to lesser psychic techniques than a sanctioned psyker. It doesn't make the librarian any less powerful though.

The reason for this is because the system for DW was designed for librarians to use their powers safely. At Rank 1, they are able to purchase Rite of Sanctioning, which reduces undesired psychic phenomenon occurence as long as the player doesn't roll 75+ (Perils of the Warp).

That said, to purchase such talents, the librarian needs to attain a prerequisite rank and bank alot XP to buy them. Enemies at that juncture would also be significantly tougher to compensate for the level of power.

Summoning Daemon Princes should be the last thing on any librarian's itinery!

Rite of Sanctioning isn't a problem - most of the results on Psychic Phenomena are either harmless or beneficial. Another thing to consider is this: a librarian has so many opportunities to spend xp, it's not certain that everyone will spend it on this combo. Having the ability to re-roll 75+ would be enough for me, I guess.

Alex