Sign in to follow this  
Lightbringer

New Necrons are up

Thanks for posting this, regardless of relevancy, I've been looking out for a Necron update for some time, only interesting army in the game right now in my opinion. 

They've been talking about it on /tg/ for a day or two now.

Apparently there's all sorts of awesomeness. One of the Necron Lords, for instance, believes he's still got flesh. He fights with honor and chivalry, so he's like Necron Don Quixote. Or something.

Morangias said:

It seems the Necrons are indeed becoming Tomb Kings in Space . Personally, I find this idea awesome and made of win.

I'd kill for a playable Necron career for Rogue Trader.

Don't quite understand why people keep saying this. Necrons were out way before Tomb Kings. Several years before and had an Egyptian/Aztec Aesthetic to them. Tomb Kings are actually Necrons with Bones and magic.

But I aswell been waiting for a Necron update for several years. Its finally here and super excited. I have like a $250 GW giftcard waiting for the 5th.

the tomb kings of khemri have been a facet of warhammer before necrons were officialy unveiled just they never had a seperate army book till they split undead into vamps and mumies

Or models, or a look, or existence other than as a back mention for nagash and some history until late 5th early 6th

Essentially Tomb Kings were ancient egypt in the warhammer world and undead, while Necrons were undead in the 40kverse and egyptianish looking. Also, it is alot easier to have them be similiar for the sculptors sake I would think. If someone is good at one, they are probably good at the other.