Sign in to follow this  
Triple A

Question on Path of Destiny spell

In our weekend game, my Druid was on the Crown of Command, gleefully zapping the other players.

I got hit with the Path of Destiny spell, forcing me to draw a Warlock's Quest, the successful completion of which would send me off the CoC and back to the Warlock's Cave.

We knew that certain Quests (such as give up gold, objects etc) would be valid, but that other Quests requiring me to move away from the CoC would not.

The Quest I pulled was "miss 2 turns".  Since I could do this without physically moving, I missed 2 turns, completed my Quest, and got teleported back to the Warlock's Cave.  

Was this correct?

Triple "A" said:

In our weekend game, my Druid was on the Crown of Command, gleefully zapping the other players.

I got hit with the Path of Destiny spell, forcing me to draw a Warlock's Quest, the successful completion of which would send me off the CoC and back to the Warlock's Cave.

We knew that certain Quests (such as give up gold, objects etc) would be valid, but that other Quests requiring me to move away from the CoC would not.

The Quest I pulled was "miss 2 turns".  Since I could do this without physically moving, I missed 2 turns, completed my Quest, and got teleported back to the Warlock's Cave.  

Was this correct?

Sounds right. PoD is another anti-Crown weapon that there are too few of IMO. Transference is another.

but in other posts regarding quests, it was said, that a player does not have to finish a quest if he does not want to..

to my understanding, that means that if you draw "miss 2 turns", you do not have to do the quest if you dont want to, and thus, not be teleported back.. no?

It kinda depends. If you have the means at your disposal (like Object, Follower, Gold, etc.) and get a quest to discard some, if you have enough to discard, you MUST discard. Same goes for missing turns. If you have to travel to somewhere, you are not forced to move toward that space or if you have to give up say 1 Fate and get an encounter that allows you to choose to gain 1 something, you don't have to pick Fate to then discard and complete the quest. Once you're on the Inner Region, getting a quest to kill an Enemy also doesn't do anything and you don't have to go hunting for one.

Yep, it is "If you have the means you have to complete" this is a great tactic to send someone out of the inner region or even the coc :). Mind you you have to draw a quest that has a cost that the character has to pay right away.. The mss two turns one is neat but because there is no way of looking at the Quest pile (cough, as yet :)) its totally random.. Oh unless you play by the "pick your quest" rules.

We actually just had this very same scenario come up (but with the Dragon Tower) and after talking about it, we ended up playing the way you did.  However, I was wondering if there is anything in the game mechanics that allows a player to "voluntarily" lose a turn.  If there isn't then, I don't think the character in the CoC would need to fulfil the quest.

Oboewan said:

We actually just had this very same scenario come up (but with the Dragon Tower) and after talking about it, we ended up playing the way you did.  However, I was wondering if there is anything in the game mechanics that allows a player to "voluntarily" lose a turn.  If there isn't then, I don't think the character in the CoC would need to fulfil the quest.

Well folks.. .please ignore the above.. the text of the Quest has been pointed out to me as being "Lose your next 2 turns" in which case all is well with the universe.