Sign in to follow this  
EarthmanJ

Extra players = extra problems?

Hello everyone, first time posting with bit of a unique or not so unique question.

Has anyone here ever tried to expand the number of players in a MoM game past the usual five? 

My usual gaming group has recently expanded in numbers and while MoM is a favorite game, (the combination of board as well as semi-roleplaying elements goes down well with most of them...) I don't want to unbalance the game to the point where it becomes an event that would be potentially defined as a cakewalk in only the loosest of definitions of what constitutes a cakewalk. 

So any thoughts?  Add more traumas?  More monsters?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance everyone!

I did it once without too much issue.  We had one extra player and, as Keeper, I ended up just taking an extra Threat token during my turn.  It worked out pretty well, but I would advise playing one of the larger map scenarios.  We played "The Green-Eyed Boy" and it was fine, but I can't imagine playing "Fall of House Lynch" with more than 2 or 3 investigators.

We played Til Death Do Us Part at Arkham Nights with 6 investigators.  It gave the Keeper lots of extra threat, which meant he could do a lot of bad stuff to us, but we ultimately were able to win because the extra investigators really helped out in the final battle.  So if the resolution of the game is dependent upon combat, I could see potential problems with extra investigators killing enemies off too quickly.

I have played a couple times with extra investigators. One was The Inner Sanctum with five investigators, and the other was Blood Ties with six investigators. Both parties were vanquished by the Keeper. So long as the threat gained per Keeper round is always equal to the starting amount of investigators, your game will be as even as it would any other time, I would imagine.