Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HilariousPete

New plug-in for creating homebrew cards

100 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Now it's finished, the new version 2.4 of the Custom Card Creation plug-in is out, including the capability to create custom treasure cards:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2817/tresurecard.jpg

The plug-in is created for Strange Eons v 2.1 alpha 13. I plan to convert the plug-in for SE v 3 in the future ( =definitely not this year), but the current version is only made for SE 2.1 alpha 13.
To install the plug-in, download and double-click the seext file. The old file will be replaced after restarting SE, and you can use the new version.

I like to say thanks to karagh, Gizlivadi and Shiv@n for Spanish and French translations, as well as GeckoTH for the high quality template!

You can download it from 4shared here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/_VH6sOk6/LotR.html
or mediafire here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?944f0ra669p550f
and presumably also from Svenn's LCG resource page soon:
http://tabletopgeeks.com/living-card-game-resources/

Greetings,
Pete

Hannibal_pjv said:

Nice tool!

One problem that I have found out is that it is very difficult keep up with all these new custom made scenarios and cards because they are all shared in different plases…

I am wondering if we could make one portal or site where anyone can save and upgrade their own custom cards… like google docks for LOTR lcg, or something similar? Now the hunting down all these fabulous cards is full time job…

So what would we need for that…

1. some agreement what would be the platform (data server)
  2. Some one who would the "founder" who would give allowance to those who privide their own cards and scenarios
  3. some serious advertisindg in different plases

What information would be needed

Scenario:

1. author
  2. date
  3. version number
  4. name of scenario
  5. difficultu rating
  6. description of scenario
  7. needed adventure decks

I am actually building this right now at LotRLCG.com. It should be done be the end of the year. You will be able to upload, comment on, and rate user scenarios.

This is a great ides and will make lotrlcg.com even more my favourite LotR resource page…

mason240 said:

Hannibal_pjv said:

Nice tool!

One problem that I have found out is that it is very difficult keep up with all these new custom made scenarios and cards because they are all shared in different plases…

I am wondering if we could make one portal or site where anyone can save and upgrade their own custom cards… like google docks for LOTR lcg, or something similar? Now the hunting down all these fabulous cards is full time job…

I am actually building this right now at LotRLCG.com. It should be done be the end of the year. You will be able to upload, comment on, and rate user scenarios.

Thanks for the new version! The treasure card is noce to have in custom scenarios!

One question though. What upgrades SE v3 will bring, if any? This v2 seems to work guite well actually.

I guess the most changes will be "under the hood" of SE. Chris Jennings wants to move from the model "AH, plus some other special extensions" to a more general framework where AH is an extension like any other game extension. So there will be API changes for me as programmer. I guess for you as users of the LotR plug-in, no dramatic changes will happen. With the transition to SE v 3, I also want to change the distribution of the plug-in (so it can be automatically downloaded through the SE catalogue browser). This will probably be the biggest change for users of my plug-in.

I didn't have the chance to download the AH game extension for SE v 3 (very lame internet here), so I can't say anything definite. But Chris Jennings has been doing an excellent job with SE and I suppose the next version will also be very good and have some improvements. One improvement is already visible for me: The installer exe is not 12, but only 4 MByte big, because the AH extension is not automatically shipped with it (but downloadable through the catalogue). That's nice if you have bad internet access :-)

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since my last update on the LotR CCC plug-in. There is a reason for this. After I finished my studies, I got a job and I'm working into the subject, which takes some time. This time is desperately missing for the plug-in, I haven't been working on it for at least two months. Since I want to concentrate on my job, and my interest in LotR is dwindling (one of the major point is that it is too much battle-focused when compared to e.g. MECCG for my taste - although the majority of people seems to really like that), I decided to give the plug-in in someone elses' hands, hopefully more motivated ones ;-)

I won't prescribe my potential successor what to do with the project - it will be his, then - but the next step's I'd do are inclusion of the encounter set symbols for HoN, soon also for the Hobbit 2, and the migration to SE 3.

Chris Jennings has been doing a pretty good job in writing SE and it is usually well documented, although there will be a lot of documents to work into at first. Of course I'm going to support my successor as good as I can. Such a person should be pretty familiar with at least 1 programming language (it is java / javascript, but that's not so important, I'm not a java programmer myself). Since I use the templates of GeckoTH, no graphics skills are required.

Is anyone of you interested to take over this project?

Kind Regards,

Pete

I've run in to a problem on Strange Eons. When I create a hero and then close the program, then open it again, I get this:

Uncaught java.lang.IllegalStateException: DIY component properties can only be modified in create(): DIY{script=LotR/hero.js, faceStyle=PLAIN_BACK}
DIY component properties can only be modified in create(): DIY{script=LotR/hero.js, faceStyle=PLAIN_BACK}
at res://LotR/hero.js:67

Because of this, I can't edit heroes anymore. I have to completely start over on them if I want to change something. I noticed someone else ran into this earlier in the thread, but I didn't see any replies to it.  
Any advice?

legolas18 said:

I've run in to a problem on Strange Eons.

First, make sure you are using Strange Eons 2 to create and load your cards. The plugin is designed for Strange Eons 2, and it might not work properly in Strange Eons 3.

Version 2.51 up: http://www.4shared.com/folder/8_ZiI_xU/StrangeEons2.html

It's a minor update: I forgot adding the bilbo resource icon tag in 2.5.

• Rememeber that this plug-in is for STRANGE EONS 2, NOT 3 .
  • You can download the proper program version for your system from the same 4shared Folder. If you use the Windows version, you have to download and install the proper Strange Eons 2.1 Java 7 Update file, if in doubt try first the 64 bit version.

Hey, looking to load this on to a OS X Maverick's running Mac. Is it currently ok to use SE v3 or should we still use v2 of SE?

Any other things to look out for when loading onto a Mac?

Edited by Narsil0420

I don't have OSX, but I think SE3 runs well on OSX because I haven't seen bug reports about OSX on a while. Just check you have instaled latest Java.

You should be using SE3 for new cards. The only problem is that you can't load SE2 created cards on SE3 version of the plugin. But there's no problem on having both Strange Eons 2 and 3 on the same computer (I have both on Windows and Linux). I'm working on SE2 cards' support, but it will take some time.

Edited by karagh

Has anyone successfully put their custom cards onto OCTGN and used them in games? I've followed the few instructions I can find, but there are hardly any, and none of them seen to work.

HilariousPete no longer plays this game and is soly playing Middle Earth CCG 9and some other non-FFG games)... so unless someone else has taken over this plugin I do not think it will ever be updated. Do not worry though as there are still quality PSD templates you can find by a user on the Geek called Gekoth, in fact the plugin was made using his templates. He has done all the template files for Scenarios, Boons, Burdans and even rule instruction sheets. You will need Photoshop to use this though...

GeckoTH's LOTR Template Repository @BGG

Has anyone successfully put their custom cards onto OCTGN and used them in games? I've followed the few instructions I can find, but there are hardly any, and none of them seen to work.

I know some people really prefer OCTGN, but the LackeyCCG plugin is as easy to add cards as editing a text file. Just put the custom cards in a directory in the set folder, then add the image name and the card name to the txt file in the folder.. .. bang your done. (open the text file as a tab tab delimitered spredsheet in excell or Calc)

Edited by TragicTheBlathering

HilariousPete no longer plays this game and is soly playing Middle Earth CCG 9and some other non-FFG games)... so unless someone else has taken over this plugin I do not think it will ever be updated.

ahem, ahem: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/85255-design-cards-strange-eons-3-plug-in/

Oh, and I've added some basic support for loading cards from this version of the plugin, too.