Sign in to follow this  
Pengy

Need rules clarification

Me and my friends have some questions regarding attacks and effects that involves Craft.

1 )For example, dragon's breath attacks you roll against what we assume is Base Craft (printed Craft on character sheet). When rolling on this, you do not count Craft derived from trophies or magic objects (not combat objects).

2) Pyromancer / Fire wizard's pyroblast rolls against Strength, but is this another character's Base Strength or is it the modified strength value (again from trophies, not combat weapons)?

The reason we ask is because for example Nightmare, the card states same total craft including bonuses, objects and things like that, but Dragon's breath, pyroblast and such does not state such.

Basic rule of thumb:

If it says "Craft (or Str) value", then it's only the printed on character card number. If it uses just Craft or Str, then it's full stat, including bonus from Objects/Followers (and depending on timing, could include Weapons as well).

Dam said:

If it uses just Craft or Str, then it's full stat, including bonus from Objects/Followers (and depending on timing, could include Weapons as well).

So if I have to fight Nightmare, and I use an object that gives Craft in combat, does it gain this bonus as well?

cirroid said:

Dam said:

If it uses just Craft or Str, then it's full stat, including bonus from Objects/Followers (and depending on timing, could include Weapons as well).

So if I have to fight Nightmare, and I use an object that gives Craft in combat, does it gain this bonus as well?

Nightmare has always the same craft as your character., including any bonussen from objects and followers

So, using a object that gives craft has no effect.

Velhart said:

cirroid said:

Dam said:

Nightmare has always the same craft as your character., including any bonussen from objects and followers

So, using a object that gives craft has no effect.

The only thing that can give you an edge is something like the Ancient Artefact or Bolster Spell etc. which affect your attack roll/score.

Ell.