Sign in to follow this  
kenshin138

Fallen Suns - Thoughts?

Thanks to PrimarchX over at the dakkadakka.com forums, we've gained some interesing info.

SPOLIERS for Fallen Suns now!

Can't you hear, **** Trader! SPOLIERS!

A few 'Eldar-y' things inside include ...

• Doom, Guide and Mindwar psychic powers
  • Rules for Spirit Stones, Ghosthelms and Runes of Warding
  • Wraithcannon, Deathspinners, Avenger Shuriken Catapult
  • Warp Jump Generator
  • Aspect Armor, Exarch Armor
  • The Whisper of Anaris & Crow Spirit Cruiser (ships)

without being too spoiler-y:

At first glance, I like it.  the big bad turned out to be essentially what I thought it was going to be, but the casket from the first adventure was a bit of  twist.   I'd have to say the ONLY thing I didn't like in this adventure was finding out what happened to Kobras aquairre.  I would have preferred his fate to have remained a mystery.

weaver95 said:

the ONLY thing I didn't like in this adventure was finding out what happened to Kobras aquairre.  I would have preferred his fate to have remained a mystery.

Totally agree. I would pretty much leave this out of my game. While as a GM I kind of like the idea of knowing what happened to his fleet, I think this is the wrong place to show it. The adventure almost ties up "too many" loose ends/plots for me. Granted, that makes it pretty epic, but I still think it would be better without it.

My only real issue with it as presented is that the history of the craft world needs changed. The way it reads now it fell basically right at the Fall of the Eldar. If so, then why does it have an Infinity Circuit, Aspect Warriors, etc? Most all of those were created to avoid what happened to the race. Prior to the Fall the Eldar had no reason for spirit stones since Slaanesh wasn't born. So I think it feels like a "modern" Craftworld more than it should for the story. So I'd either rework some of that to make it feel more ancient, more Fall-era; or simply say it didn't end up in the Rifts until after it had time to develop the current/modern Eldar lifestyle.

The concept of the adventure is pretty grand though. I love the section about using the webway. Very cool to see that detailed a little bit.

It's pretty railroad style, but you are on a very tight timeline so you have to keep moving and you have a clear goal.  It's a railroad adventure where the train is right behind you.

My way to fix the history of the Craftworld would be to say that it was struggling to escape the Eye of Terror after the Fall (like the ghost Craftworld that that Pheonix Lord comes from), and after several hundred (or even a couple of thousand) years after the fall they were loosing the struggle to keep out of it and in desperation did what they did.

Though there is the slight problem remaining that Craft Worlds don't do Warp Travel, at least in their current form. They sail about at sub-light speeds using the webway to allow people and ships to come to them, rather than really fly off to do things. The Craftworld shouldn't have been a threat to the Maw for a **** long time...

Basically I thought it was an interesting idea, but like so much of FFGs' 40k stuff they haven't quite checked the canon. They were also inconsistent on the progression of time (though I did like the idea of the time limit). A strategic round is meant to be about half an hour, yet their progression has varying points when each turn is an hour long and others when it is much shorter.