Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gitzman

NEW Character Sheet by Gitzman

142 posts in this topic

This is a truly awesome character sheet, I like it very much!

Two things that I spotted on it, the Block action should say "shield equipped" instead of "melee weapon equipped" and the guarded position should have recharge of 0.

Keep up the good work man!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You! aplauso.gif

I used the sheet in our today's session and everybody wants to switch to it now. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Two things: The sheet shows "Dexterity" instead of "Agility" and the character's rank is set to "0".

I second springfaetter's proposal to change the colour of the physical section to red/orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm, Gitz, I don't think gaurded position is recharge two, I think it's zero? Maybe?

 

Otherwise, that is very, very pretty. I think we have a new champion.

 

*Unceremoniously bins old character sheets*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaos85 said:

This is a truly awesome character sheet, I like it very much!

Two things that I spotted on it, the Block action should say "shield equipped" instead of "melee weapon equipped" and the guarded position should have recharge of 0.

Keep up the good work man!   

 

Excellent feedback, i'll make those adjustments tonight.

Gtiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles). 

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc, the Weasel said:

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles). 

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?

Good ideas regarding teh Circles for Stance.  I'll make those changes tonight too.

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gitzman said:

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

Whoah. Never read about that. Any chance of you remembering from where this comes from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doc_cthulhu said:

Gitzman said:

 

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

 

 

Whoah. Never read about that. Any chance of you remembering from where this comes from?

I dont recall where it was, but i seem to remember once you have a few ranks under your belt you can use your rank/fame to  help you in social encounters, intimidation checks, etc. 

Then again, i could just be makign up rules =)

Anyone else familar with this?

Gitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Gitzman, another one :)

You should change the parry action, so it can only be used against melee attacks.

Hope this helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Gitzman,

 

I'm sort of done with the concept of my own (yet another version) character sheet. However, you've got the knack of making them digital and fillable.
Can you tell me what tools you use to do this? I'd rather not do a complete sheet in photoshop, only to afterwards start from scratch in a different program (I'm lazily efficient ;) )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Zombie said:

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nisses said:

 Gitzman,

 

I'm sort of done with the concept of my own (yet another version) character sheet. However, you've got the knack of making them digital and fillable.
Can you tell me what tools you use to do this? I'd rather not do a complete sheet in photoshop, only to afterwards start from scratch in a different program (I'm lazily efficient ;) )

 

This sheet was done in Adobe Illustrator

All the previous sheets i've worked with have been created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer (which comes with any copy of Acrobat Standard or Professional, not reader).  For these, i'd use a graphic background of a character sheet (like a hi-res jpeg) and overlay it with a series of fillable fields.  Where applicable i'd attach some logic to the fields to help automate the process which is done using a slightly modified JavaScript code.

Gitz =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gitzman said:

New Zombie said:

 

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

 

 

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz

did i just hear Jay H dislocate his jaw by grinding his teeth? gui%C3%B1o.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Zombie said:

Gitzman said:

 

New Zombie said:

 

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

 

 

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz

 

did i just hear Jay H dislocate his jaw by grinding his teeth? gui%C3%B1o.gif 

 

 

tssktssk, such baiting! lengua.gif

 

Guess I'll need to procure the services of a graphics designer that has Acrobat afterwards then. Good to know I can still use Photoshop though, thanks!
Now, to motivate myself to actually make graphics for this thing... :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated the character sheet with most of the feedback presented.  (pic on page one updated)

No Talent Slots at this time.  Sorry =)

Gitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks sweet.

Very very minor quibble: I'd suggest changing the colour of the Basic action scrolls, or the scroll background behind them. To make em pop more. Scroll on scroll isn't working for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daedalum said:

Looks sweet.

Very very minor quibble: I'd suggest changing the colour of the Basic action scrolls, or the scroll background behind them. To make em pop more. Scroll on scroll isn't working for me

Actually, I think the opposite is true. There is already too many backgrounds. 

I would pull the physical/mental stats color behind the fortune die and associated skill lists to reinforce their connection. I would use the "bone" color (the background for specializations) on Advanced Skills. And then I would use the dark brow background that right now only sits at the top of the page and use it for wounds/corruption and as a background for the tan basic actions to sit on.

You may also consider having all the squares bordered in black instead have the torn paper edge thing like the Weapon and Armor section. It would make the top and bottom sections of the sheet gel better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent feedback Doc,  I can do most of that and think it would be a solid modification.  I question changing the background color or the advanced skills to bone though.

Advanced skills add yellow dice, simiar to regualr skills so it needs to remain the dark yellow color.

I'll try and do these tonight.

Gitzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to v3, but why have you made each stat a number of diamonds instead of just a space to write a number?

Is it easier to count filled-n/checked boxes than to read a number? A single box would take less space too..

Not critizising, just wondering :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great.  However, I'm getting a connection between the fellowship attribute and the fortune dice for the physical traits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darth Smeg said:

I'm new to v3, but why have you made each stat a number of diamonds instead of just a space to write a number?

Is it easier to count filled-n/checked boxes than to read a number? A single box would take less space too..

Not critizising, just wondering :) 

The concept behind this sheet was to give visual queues to help players build their dice pool.  I went with the concept that each filled in box represented a dice you neeed to grab to build the pool.  It already works that way with skills and stance, so i made characteristics opperate the same way too.

It also helped emphasize that players cannot exceed 6 as a characteristic maximum, showing  a player their progress to maxing a stat. It further emphasizes, visually, the players lowest and highest stats, perhaps reminding them of their lack of intelligence or exceptional strength more often.

Gitzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0