Sign in to follow this  
Drasai

Northern Tracker

With all respect Dance, I disagreed with you in that thread and I disagree with you still.  The only time I've had an issue with threat in a multi-player game is one where we had a run of Hunters and Clues in HfG.  The very last thing LotR needs is to get easier for multi player.  Yes locations stack with multiplayer, but your questing ability should stay ahead of it with more players...

We have discus about tracker for many months already. So after all of this talking i still think: He is to powerful and unbalanced ally in the game for now.

The solution make him unique is best idea for now. Will see what happen in the future......

Lenbo said:

Can Unexpected Courage be used with Northern Tracker to ready him and commit him again to place more progress tokens on locations?

No, as per the rules you have to commit all characters to questing at once. After you commit him and then ready him it's too late to commit characters to the quest.

Please leave Northern Tracker alone.  As hard as these Quests are and with all of the "Surge" Encounters and the "Raising Threat" Treachery cards combined with multiple Locations in the Staging Area, we need Northern Tracker.  Plus, in a 50 card draw deck, they don't always come out.

Big Borg said:

Please leave Northern Tracker alone.  As hard as these Quests are and with all of the "Surge" Encounters and the "Raising Threat" Treachery cards combined with multiple Locations in the Staging Area, we need Northern Tracker.  Plus, in a 50 card draw deck, they don't always come out.

I fully agree. Without cards like Northern Tracker solo play play becomes all but impossible for a lot of missions.

Hehe, played two games of HFG yesterday, won much more easily with Lore/Leadership + Leadership/Tactics than Tactics/Spirit + Spirit/Lore with at one point 3 NT out. Latter game (T/S + S/L), even with threat reduction, threat went much higher, plus went through the Encounter deck three times. Doesn't much help having 2 Hunters from Mordor Forest Snared when you still have three roaming around, your threat is above 34 and HfM attacks for 8 (and has a threat of 8 when it comes out from the Encounter deck initially).