Sign in to follow this  
Nuada_Obliage

okay I still don't get un-natural traits in opposed tests and tests

Okay so what happens when you have an opposed strength test between a space marine and a ork. So the space marine has 40 strength with unnatural strength so his strength bonus is 8 but the orks strength is 30 with the unnatural bringing it to 6 in the strength bonus so if they roll against each other you get say the marine rolls 35 the Ork 10 so does that mean they are equal in success.

Also how does un natural toughness work in regards to resistance, do you add the un natural bonus to the number of successes?

My question also extends to the other nu natural traits, do you add the nun natural bonus to the result of every roll? So say a assasin with un natural agility wants to dodge his agility is 50 with un natural agility. he is going to be hit with a full auto burst of stubber fire, 6 hits, he rolls a 45 so succeeds to dodge one hit do the other five get removed because of the un natural trait and if so, if he failed by say by 51 does he still dodge 5 hits?

Nuada_Obliage said:

Okay so what happens when you have an opposed strength test between a space marine and a ork. So the space marine has 40 strength with unnatural strength so his strength bonus is 8 but the orks strength is 30 with the unnatural bringing it to 6 in the strength bonus so if they roll against each other you get say the marine rolls 35 the Ork 10 so does that mean they are equal in success.

Also how does un natural toughness work in regards to resistance, do you add the un natural bonus to the number of successes?

My question also extends to the other nu natural traits, do you add the nun natural bonus to the result of every roll? So say a assasin with un natural agility wants to dodge his agility is 50 with un natural agility. he is going to be hit with a full auto burst of stubber fire, 6 hits, he rolls a 45 so succeeds to dodge one hit do the other five get removed because of the un natural trait and if so, if he failed by say by 51 does he still dodge 5 hits?

In Opposed Characteristic Tests, a character gains extra degrees of success on a successful roll.  Each level of an Unnatural Characteristic grants that many extra DoS.  Thus, the Ork would actually win since both succeeded and gained +2 DoS from Unnatural Strength (x2).  The Space Marine (35 out of 40) would have a normal success, which would increase to 2 DoS with US (x2).  The Ork (10 out of 30) would start with 2 DoS, which would then increase to 4 DoS thanks to US (x2).

I would stage the difficulty of the Toughness test down one level like a skill test.  I don't think it explicitly says anywhere in the book to grant any benefits to a normal Characteristic test, so unless I'm missing something it's really up to the GM.

The Unnatural Agility would make the Dodge test easier, so it would be at a +10 difficulty level instead of +0.  Thus, the assassin would successfully dodge two shots with a roll of 45.  A roll of 51 would then be just a normal success resulting in 1 of the 6 shots dodged.

To my knowledge, its not the modified bonus (8 for the SM, and 6 for the Ork), but the actual multiplier (2 in both cases).

I think in terms of the example, this would actually be a tie, followed by another opposed test.

Since both have unnatural attributes for the test, they get the same bonuses, so at that level, it is just as simple as a standard opposed test.