Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haiiro2

My group is loving this game!

4 posts in this topic

I've been itching for a CCG experience without the associated hassles (for me: buying useless cards, blind packs, the investment, and the need to trade), and picked up W:I on that basis. A couple of plays got my whole gaming group into it, and now we're buying packs, building decks, and having a blast.

I realize that coming to the official forums for a game to say "I love this game!" might be redundant, but in my lurking I've seen a lot of grumbling about the state of the game, formal petitions, etc. Nothing against grumbling, but I thought a counterpoint from an enthusiastic new player might be welcome. W:I has become one of my favorite games, and I think it's brilliantly constructed.

My goal is to become good enough at W:I to compete in Worlds at GenCon 2012, and I expect that to be a fun journey.

Welcome to the game! It is really is a very well crafted game. The mechanics are simple and elegent, the art is outstanding, and the setting is familiar and unique at the same time. I just wish there were more **** updates!

Time for me to chime in here. I bought the core set and Assault a couple of years ago. Played it once, thought it was great and moved on as my regular gaming partner and I play a lot of games. Now I have started a gaming club at the school where I teach and pulled this off the shelf to take and teach some to play it. While revisiting the rules, a switch went off in my brain. This game is brilliant! I immediately bought the first Battle Pack Cycle and have started on the second. I bought Legends and Marched of the Damned is on its way to me. The students enjoyed it, but more importantly, my son is now old enough to play, so I have been playing quite a bit at home. 

Now, with Cataclysm coming, I can introduce it to my regular gaming groups as multiplayer games are the rule there. I feel W:I is alive and well and look forward to many more years of play with this game that has quickly moved into my top three favorite games.