Sign in to follow this  
Nitro Pirate

Becoming slightly angry...

Alright, I have no right to be... maybe it's true. I have to legal ground to be irked here, but I can't help it anyway.

I've been playing this game for four months now and in that time I've not been able to locate a single copy of Kings of the Sea or Lords of Winter for sale. Nor have I been able to procure most of the older expansion packs, those before the BWB cycle.

I've tried ordering online and importing from the US (I'm in the UK) but those retailers who say they have these items in stock suddenly e-mail me to say they haven't. I've got many people in my local community interested in playing this game, but we've been playing with little more than Core sets for the past four months and it's coming to the point where we're wondering if these previous LCG expansions are actually vapourware and the joke's on us!

Come on FFG, forgive me this moan and please get on with re-printing, re-distributing and selling us some more of this great game.

We won't wait forever. My friends and I are pretty faddy. Make us wait too long or we'll find something else to go crazy about and spend our money on.

One last thing; you don't want to wake the dragon, do you?

As a UK player, check out Maelstrom Games. I was down there this very weekend, and they had pretty every one of the A Time of Ravens and Defenders of the North cycles as well as the Brotherhood Without Banners and Secrets of Oldtown sets.

Plus they're cheap with free delivery.

Have you tried http://www.eaglecard.org/? No KotS and LoW either, right now, but some of the early CPs should still be available. Overall, eaglecard is probably one of the best online shops for Thrones if you're in Europe.

My guess is that the early CPs are being phased out and lined up for a x3 reprint, and that's why they'll be kinda hard to come by for some time.

Nitro Pirate said:

Alright, I have no right to be... maybe it's true. I have to legal ground to be irked here, but I can't help it anyway.

I've been playing this game for four months now and in that time I've not been able to locate a single copy of Kings of the Sea or Lords of Winter for sale. Nor have I been able to procure most of the older expansion packs, those before the BWB cycle.

I've tried ordering online and importing from the US (I'm in the UK) but those retailers who say they have these items in stock suddenly e-mail me to say they haven't. I've got many people in my local community interested in playing this game, but we've been playing with little more than Core sets for the past four months and it's coming to the point where we're wondering if these previous LCG expansions are actually vapourware and the joke's on us!

Come on FFG, forgive me this moan and please get on with re-printing, re-distributing and selling us some more of this great game.

We won't wait forever. My friends and I are pretty faddy. Make us wait too long or we'll find something else to go crazy about and spend our money on.

One last thing; you don't want to wake the dragon, do you?

Yeah, pretty much all the deluxe expansions and pre-Brotherhood Chapter Packs are out of print in the UK, but that's the case in most of the world,  King's Landing and Defenders of the North are currently beign reprinted, and Clash of Arms and the Seasons cycle are probably going to be reprinted soon afterwards. And yeah, the expansions are very popular amongst new players, so they've sold out pretty quickly.

In general, I find that gameslore.com and boardgameguru.co.uk have very good stock of things that are currently avaliable.  The main problem is that the UK distributor tends to screw up (They still haven't brought in Kings of the Sea), and don't import nearly enoguh copies of the chapter packs to satisfy the UK market.   I second eaglecard.org as a good place to buy stuff with reasonable prices (You'll basically be paying UK RRP after shipping from Germany/Austria)

I posted this as a reply to another thread about LoW, you might find it helpful.

We have recently been informed (in the UK at least) by one of the big distributor's that ALL house boxes are "on the water" which I presume means they are currently being shipped over. They expect to have them available for UK stores to order and stock by the end of the month. Give or take customs waiting time.

However, I am remaining skeptical until I see one physically as to whether or not that includes the Stark / Greyjoy ones.

It really does seem odd that FFG would let their stock dry up like this for so long. I understand the re-printing of the old chapter packs, but the deluxe expansions... I have no idea what the printing times are, but surely a spike in demand due to the HBO show was expected!

I really do hope to see the deluxe expansions stocked by the end of the month, as I'm in dire need of some cards to finalize the decks I have in mind...

I've spoken to a couple of store owners.  Let's just say that they had rather unkind words to say about Esdevium and said they only bought from them because they distributed so much stuff.

Sounds more like a distributor problem than an FFG problem on your end (though FFG did say they were unprepared for such a LARGE response due to the HBO series, so the core set when it went out of stock was likely their bad). Pretty much everything else can be found at my local stores. One of those times where living in the midwest-ish area pays off.

Penfold said:

Sounds more like a distributor problem than an FFG problem on your end (though FFG did say they were unprepared for such a LARGE response due to the HBO series, so the core set when it went out of stock was likely their bad). Pretty much everything else can be found at my local stores. One of those times where living in the midwest-ish area pays off.

Does this 'pretty much everything' include CPs from the King's Landing series?  If so, I'd love to get a hold of some and would be willing to pay shipping plus some extra for your trouble.  (This goes for anyone reading this that can find them)

So the UK is dry of most of the expansions... Garrr, why didn't I check this before I bought the game! Oh wait, because I assumed they would be readily available. Excuse the angry post, just ranting is all ;) 

Is there any info about reprints of Lords of Winter and Kings of the Storm? I have had a brief look about but have unearthed nothing, anyone have any inside gossip :) cheers!

Lords of Winter reprint is coming in October.

GOT58 A Game of Thrones LCG: Lords of Winter (reprint) – $29.95
GOT78 A Game of Thrones LCG: Tourney for the Hand – $14.95
GOT43e A Game of Thrones LCG: City of Secrets (60) – $14.95
GOT44e A Game of Thrones LCG: A Time of Trials (60) – $14.95
GOT45e A Game of Thrones LCG: The Tower of the Hand (60) – $14.95
GOT46e A Game of Thrones LCG: Tales of the Red Keep (60) – $14.95
GOT47e A Game of Thrones LCG: Secrets and Spies (60) – $14.95
GOT48e A Game of Thrones LCG: The Battle of Blackwater (60) – $14.95

www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/09/22/50631/

Oh for crap's sake. I just placed a big order earlier today, picked up all of the Brotherhood cycle and the four Oldtown packs I didn't have. I told myself I wouldn't have more to buy for quite a while, god knows when FFG is actually going to get any of these reprints out. Now they've announced that Here to Serve's been released, and apparently it'll only be a month before all this comes out too.

It's good news, obviously, I can't wait to get my hands on these. But all I can think is, oh my poor money.

alpha5099 said:

Oh for crap's sake. I just placed a big order earlier today, picked up all of the Brotherhood cycle and the four Oldtown packs I didn't have. I told myself I wouldn't have more to buy for quite a while, god knows when FFG is actually going to get any of these reprints out. Now they've announced that Here to Serve's been released, and apparently it'll only be a month before all this comes out too.

It's good news, obviously, I can't wait to get my hands on these. But all I can think is, oh my poor money.

It's not your money...it's just on loan from FFG. demonio.gif