Sign in to follow this  
Nuada_Obliage

Non Psyker Primaris using Ascended powers

One of my players is making a Templar Calixis Psyker who has ascended into an interogator, now I just wanted to ask people's opinions on weather he should be allowed to purchase  Ascended powers and more importantly use his psychic abilities in Unfetterd Fetterd and Pushed like Primaris psyker. I am torn on this because it seems that the Ascended powers are meant purly for Primaris Psykers I guess giving him the option to get powers from the ascended psychic powers and the interrogator advancement is a little much?

I asked Gamesupport about the unfettered/fettered problematic, and yes he is allowed to use it.

For the ascended Powers, well if he is able to buy one either through his Inquisitor or because its on his list, why not.

I do believe it was ruled that as long as the Psyker in question comes from the Imperial Psyker career path, they can use the fettered/unfettered/push rules in their Ascended career, whatever it may be.

As for an Interrogator picking up Ascended Psychic Powers, the option "The Psyker's Gift" already allows for it; same deal with the Inquisitor, for that matter. Just keep in mind that the above two careers are going to be paying a massive premium in XP for those powers when compared to the Primaris Psyker.

-Kirov

Kirov said:

I do believe it was ruled that as long as the Psyker in question comes from the Imperial Psyker career path, they can use the fettered/unfettered/push rules in their Ascended career, whatever it may be.

Correct.

Kirov said:

As for an Interrogator picking up Ascended Psychic Powers, the option "The Psyker's Gift" already allows for it; same deal with the Inquisitor, for that matter. Just keep in mind that the above two careers are going to be paying a massive premium in XP for those powers when compared to the Primaris Psyker.

-Kirov

Yeah, he needs to choose "The Psyker´s Gift" to buy them, but if he has then there is nothing from using what he learned (asides from the ... occasional phenomenon ... gui%C3%B1o.gif).