Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loophole Master

OPERATION CERBERUS

Recommended Posts

 Finally a new Campaign Expansion on the horizon!

right.png

- By far the most interesting thing about it is the multi-stories building. I was wondering what that was about, looking at all those ruined multi-story buildings in the Dust Warfare photos. Very cool that it's a customizable plastic building that comes with the expansion. I wonder if you'll have to buy multiple boxes in order to be able to build a decent urban scenario.

3d-building.png

- New rules! Vehicles that occupy more than one square, the 3-men heavy command squads and of course the advantages gained by climbing a building.

- New heroes. I find it strange that they are showing concept art, instead of pictures of the actual models. Are they behind in production? Angela looks cool but The Chef seems a bit too silly for the setting.

angela.pngthe-chef.png

- More fluff! Finally an expansion with more background on the setting. This time detailing the allied forces,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yeah, definitely getting away from the realistic military characters now. But if you squint, you can see their actual models on the box.

AWESOME stuff with the buildings. I was wondering how long Dust would be able to hold me over until I was into miniatures enough to take the plunge into Warhammer 40k. Well, maybe I won't need to take that plunge after all. There's so much cool Dust stuff coming, it might just be enough!

Wish this had more concrete info on the buildings, how many pieces you get, etc. Since the other expansions came with no plastic, I wonder if this one will cost more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angela looks nice, the chef not so much, but I'd like to have the model. Maybe the expansion won't come with tiles and the plastic building parts will replace the tiles, ammo crates, and tank traps?  The building should make nice additions to my table.

But why are the battles in Southern England. If I remember correctly, wasn't South England wiped out during See Lowe? So this happened before See Lowe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love the looks of this.  Those buildings HAVE got to be sold as a seperate kit as well, there would be tons of gamers from different games that would buy those in bulk.  I've actually been waiting for Chef for awhile, he was a big character in the comics IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder whether this set will assume you have the Core Set or the Revised Set, or if it's somehow designed so it doesn't matter.

The building looks awesome though, and would so easily work in both Tactics and Warfare.  I haven't bought one of the campaign expansions yet and was debating between Seelowe and Cyclone, but this one looks like more of a must have to me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vengeance000 said:

 Yeah, definitely getting away from the realistic military characters now. But if you squint, you can see their actual models on the box.

AWESOME stuff with the buildings. I was wondering how long Dust would be able to hold me over until I was into miniatures enough to take the plunge into Warhammer 40k. Well, maybe I won't need to take that plunge after all. There's so much cool Dust stuff coming, it might just be enough!

Wish this had more concrete info on the buildings, how many pieces you get, etc. Since the other expansions came with no plastic, I wonder if this one will cost more.

They have it listed at $39.95 in the products section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DoomOnYou72 said:

vengeance000 said:

 

 Yeah, definitely getting away from the realistic military characters now. But if you squint, you can see their actual models on the box.

AWESOME stuff with the buildings. I was wondering how long Dust would be able to hold me over until I was into miniatures enough to take the plunge into Warhammer 40k. Well, maybe I won't need to take that plunge after all. There's so much cool Dust stuff coming, it might just be enough!

Wish this had more concrete info on the buildings, how many pieces you get, etc. Since the other expansions came with no plastic, I wonder if this one will cost more.

 

 

They have it listed at $39.95 in the products section.

Nice, so same as the rest I believe. Not bad, not bad at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

felkor said:

I wonder whether this set will assume you have the Core Set or the Revised Set, or if it's somehow designed so it doesn't matter.

The building looks awesome though, and would so easily work in both Tactics and Warfare.  I haven't bought one of the campaign expansions yet and was debating between Seelowe and Cyclone, but this one looks like more of a must have to me right now.

I would guess it assumes you have at least one of the two core sets or at least have downloaded the revised core rules here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It's amazing that it should cost the same as the other expansions, with all those plastic pieces. I'm sure it will have no tank traps and ammo crates (I think we all have enough of those already, right?) but  can it really come without any sort of terrain tiles? Will it assume you have the Tile Set, then? Who knows...

And it is strange that this is the campaign that will introduce the heavy walkers, and yet those huge tanks must certainly be pretty useless in a scenario dominated by those multi-storey buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loophole Master said:

And it is strange that this is the campaign that will introduce the heavy walkers, and yet those huge tanks must certainly be pretty useless in a scenario dominated by those multi-storey buildings.

The blurb does say about infantry using buildings to get out of the way of the mechs...  Anyway, better to have as many rules now rather than 2 months away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the building, it has half-tiles that are snow on it.  This to me says that it assumes you have the Core set or the Revised Set + terrain tile set, in order to play the scenarios in it.

 

I have the Core and Revised Core set, but no other expansions - so I only have 9 of the tiles.  I hope the expansion doesn't require more than that (i.e. tiles from the tile set or from the other campaign expansions.)
 

This expansion is a really smart move, with them releaseing Dust Warfare around the same time, as unlike the other campaign expansions, all of the components of this expansion will work well in both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

arkangl said:

Haha in the comic the chef is funny he fights some zombies. I wouldnt underestimate him.

arkangl said:

Haha in the comic the chef is funny he fights some zombies. I wouldnt underestimate him.

Really? Someone actually has something positive to say about the comics? Other then "nice art!"?

Based on his gear, I assume he will have 2 flamethrowers, so that would be two 1/+ attacks against AC 1-4 (Infantry). And probably 1/2 against Tanks if not only 1/1 based on the size of the flamers (which is still 2 dice since he has two of them).

However, they are small hand-flamers so a range of C wouldnt surprise me. Other then that he would be a M1 AC2(Infantry) and H4 maybe a skill, something that reflects his status as a spy.

It would be nice to see heroes take that step back in power though, after Markus, OZZ, Lara and Rhino.

However I am growing now concerned in the reverse direction I was earlier. I used to be worried that game would be too much about walkers. Big, anime, battletech annoying walkers. But now we have so many infantry squads that can obliterate walkers in one shot that walkers seem to be getting pretty pointless.

Its a fine line.

I am hoping squads are running into buildings for cover saves, not the notion that artillery cant attack buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

felkor said:

If you look at the building, it has half-tiles that are snow on it.  This to me says that it assumes you have the Core set or the Revised Set + terrain tile set, in order to play the scenarios in it.

 

I have the Core and Revised Core set, but no other expansions - so I only have 9 of the tiles.  I hope the expansion doesn't require more than that (i.e. tiles from the tile set or from the other campaign expansions.)
 

This expansion is a really smart move, with them releaseing Dust Warfare around the same time, as unlike the other campaign expansions, all of the components of this expansion will work well in both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare. 

 

Well, if you look closely at the picture, the snow tiles to stand on are half-tiles. So they have to come with the set so that you can still move people up and down floors. I wouldn't expect they'd have you cut your existing tiles in half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vengeance000 said:

Well, if you look closely at the picture, the snow tiles to stand on are half-tiles. So they have to come with the set so that you can still move people up and down floors. I wouldn't expect they'd have you cut your existing tiles in half.

 

I never said nor implied that you'd have to cut your existing tiles.  I'm just saying that the tiles probably match which core set / tiles they'd expect you to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The expansions are not complete games ... you have to have one of the core sets to play them. Don't think it really matters which one, Original or Revised.The character models are just great ... we have seen them both in the fluff and/or the comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

madmaxknick50 said:

 The expansions are not complete games ... you have to have one of the core sets to play them. Don't think it really matters which one, Original or Revised.The character models are just great ... we have seen them both in the fluff and/or the comics.

 

That would take some creative scenario design for it not to matter which set you have, as the poster maps from the Revised set are quite a bit different than the tiles from the Core set.  There's no way to get a 9x9 square tile map from the Revised poster maps that doesn't have any obstacles like structures, water, bridges, etc.

I imagine they will either design it with the core set in mind, so if Revised players want to play it, they have to get the tile set or ignore some of the markings on their posters, or they will design it so that some scenarios use the Core Set tiles and some use the Revised Set posters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loophole Master said:

I can't wait to see the infuriatingly awesome paint jobs you guys will come up with for these buildings...

 

I'm just getting into miniature painting with Dust Tactics being my very first project.  I've never painted buildings before, so I'm looking forward as well to seeing what people do with them, so I can steal their ideas. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it strange that he half-tiles they are using as the building floors have the basic snow texture. I really wish they'd done something different, like wooden floorboards.

 

So, it seems we now know all that will be relased til the end of the year.

- Red Devils

- Heavy Recon Grenadiers

- Heavy Panzer Walker

- Heavy Assault Walker

- Heavy Command Squad

- Heavy Commandotrupp

- Axis Hero Pack

- Ally Hero Pack

- Operation Cerberus

Wow, that's a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

felkor said:

Have these been officially announced?  Do we know for sure their release date is in 2011?

They were on display at GenCon, along with the heavy command squads. I'm pretty sure their label said "4th Quarter" like everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...