Sign in to follow this  
SJE

Obvious next book

So heres my thought. We've had a players book (Inquisitors Handbook) a  couple of GM's book (monsters and opponents in CA & DotFG) and an adventure (PtU). We know we'll get more adventure books for Haarlocks legacy. But whats missing is a book expanding on the world of the Calixis sector. Heck, it could even tie in to Rogue Trader- do a book of Calixis worlds and say "but of course you can drop them into any other sector for your Trader campaign to visit- just change the name!") .

So thats my theory- 2009 we'll see a book expanding and detailing some more of the worlds of the Calixis sector. Heck, you could even have Subsector books to really plumb the depths of the Josian Reach or  Drusus Marches.

Steve

Personally, and I know this won't happen unless I write it myself, I want to see a book just detailing non-supernatural, non-xeno, scumbag underworld operations on bunch of planets. I want a giant pile of gangs, their habits, their tattoos, their weapons and preferred drugs and rackets....yeah, but that's not gonna happen.

As for what the next book is...who knows. I bet it won't be space marines, though.

I make my own gangs... They suck, but they`re mine... gran_risa.gif

Seriously, I`d like a "Calixis Sector Illustrated - a visual guide to Important Places". I would also like a book on vehicles, shuttles,  and gear - fully illustrated mind you! More or less Imperial Armour for DH.

kennetten said:

I make my own gangs... They suck, but they`re mine... gran_risa.gif

Seriously, I`d like a "Calixis Sector Illustrated - a visual guide to Important Places". I would also like a book on vehicles, shuttles,  and gear - fully illustrated mind you! More or less Imperial Armour for DH.

Imperial Armour for DH? Aye, think that would fly off the shelves, I'd have two.

Cue Grim Dark

Just like the Cults book I always wanted to see for CoC, I'd love to see a book for DH detailing non-supernatural/corrupt threats (gangs, cults, critters, etc) to the Imperium.  Maybe title it, "Something to do with all those bullets!" although that title is more CoC appropriate. 

Eeek...I can't imagine how scary a Volgite version of Necromunda would be. I have all the old necromunda books...but I want more! I want something like the Insignium Astartes, but for gangs and degenerates. Think of the Russian Prision Tattoos, that have a whole language attached to them....only scarier.

I agree I'd like a book detailing life in the Calixis Sector.  Maybe some equipment, less like the Handbook, but more like things normal civilians would have if you came up against them in a riot.  You know biker gangs with zip guns, hover cars, messenger skulls, you know things that add ambiance to your DH game.

Common citizens, common gangs, common planets with common equipment, since nine times out of ten you won't have access to transportation when you hit a planet, its nice to know what options are there to commonder, steal, or buy.

I'd like a book detailing the Calixis sector too. I am getting a kick out ot the world descriptions in Ravenor. Very colorful and divergent. Some scifi has the 'like earth but with this difference' syndrome (like a lot of Stargate), but these feel like alien planets, some of which are tamed (sort of) and some of which are too alien to become really comfortable. The cultural aspect is good too, like with Tancred where legal titles are tattooed on one's skin. Yeah, I'd be on that book like I'm going to be on Creatures Anathema. Fast.

You got me, fantasy flight. Now get me, better. Dare you.

I would like to see an armoury book and a book on the Calixis Sector too. I am totally new to this game but i lovethe art, style, and feel.

Also, I would like to see a book religion, better detailing the different organizations and breakdowns of the Sororitas, Machine Cult, and Ecclisiarchy. It could have rules on relics, holy places and their effects, and class modifiers. Kind of like a Tome of Salvation for 40K.

I think a world book makes the most sense. Detail one of each of the world types devoted to a chapter and include colorful stats on locals and organizations in that world. Provide a few maps of local eateries and the hang outs of some of the dregs of the galaxy and you've got a product I'd wait in line for.

They've already put out an article with vehicle rules, but I can't see them putting out a book just for vehicles. It would have made sense to fold this information into the Inquisitor's Handbook along with all the weapons, but that won't happen now since it's already been published.

Maybe it will show up in Inquisitor's Handbook 2....oh wait, that's something that other gaming companies do.

Sorry.

Oh, a "Santa-Wish-List" Topic

I really-really wish for a book covering the World of Dusk

I already read so many about it, and since it is so isolated and backwater, it would make for a great adventure backdrop

-hardly catographed, me supposes
- full of evil
- so isolated that the pc are on their, since their is no-one they can enlist

Since the next step is RT I guess that the books coming are attached to that theme. I suppose there will be a book about spaceships, warptravel, navigators trade routs and harbors. That will of course include different organizations like Imperial cults for pilgrims, heretics in space and different guilds for both crew and trade. Those of you that want xenos will get some candy in the form av ships, characters (like the capitain for a band of eldar raiders) and trading posts. A few planets will be provided for exploration examples but I would not rule out something that are a kin to the book about the border princes for WHFRP. A system that lets a GM create a planet for the players to conquer and rule. The main course will, however, be "Trade and Travel" and only spiced up with a pinch of exploration.

A space book would be awesome. I've always loved the designs of ships in 40k universe, and getting those with stats would be awesome. The more I think about it the more likely it seems this will all be dealt with in RT itself. Planet generators have been done so many time before, but darn it it if a WH40kRP version doesn't get me excited.

What I really feel this gam needs:

A source book that clearly states what the Imperial creed is. A guide to the different interpretations of the Imperial creed(at least the most popular ones and the most common in the calixis sector) and the various factions that adhere to these tenets. It would be so cool if this book included a set of prayers/litanies and such, so players who play clerics can whip them out in-game and recite them against the enemies of the emperor.

A sourcebook detailing Imperial law. Who exactly are the Adeptus arbites. What do they do? What laws are they bound to and how do they enforce the laws of the emperor? This book should also include information on other law enforing organisations in the Imperium(specifically the calixis sector) as well as information on ''mundane'' criminal organisations. By mundane, I mean non chaos/xenos worshipping criminals. Those who are in it for the money and plain power. 

I'd also like to see a book that gave both players and gm's a better understanding of Imperial society and how the day to day affairs of the citizens of the imperium(or at least the calixis sector) is handled. I really feel that FFG should focus on setting the feel and mood, as well as provide us with a some solid facts and information about the imperium first, and then focus on armoury books, adventures, etc.