Sign in to follow this  
Brolthemighty

Acquisition Test Modifiers + Talents and Traits

Alright, so for the most part, I have the process of Acquisition down.  

The difficulty of the test is based on scale, availability, and quality and you roll against your Profit Factor.  I get that.  Now, from what I understand, the population of where your are can modify the availability of the item.  And a successful Commerce check can modify your Profit Factor for that item.  My question however, is what about other modifiers.  I could've sworn that I had read that both the Peer talent, and Good Rep talent, also modify your Profit Factor, as long as you're acquiring the item through that faction.  What about other traits?  Etiquette from Noble Born, Honour Amongst One's Peers from Child of Dynasty, Exalted Lineage from Magisterial house?  Do any of these apply as well?  Or to the Commerce test?

Now, I'm sure I can't be the first to ask this question...or get confused by the interaction of everything.  Can someone point me to some definitive answers or the appropriate page numbers?  

Pg 273 RT: Commerce and Acquisition

You can make 1 commerce roll to modify the acquisition roll (pg 273 RT).

"The GM may also allow the use of the Command, Charm or Barter Skills to be used in place of Commerce should the situation seem appropriate. These should be used rarely, however, and always specific to the person or organistion being traded with." (pg 273 RT)

Anything that can validly modify that commerce (or command/charm/barter test) is valid. But again, the npcs can contest with their own skills in that place.

All of this is one one half-page in the core book in the acquisition section, pg 273.