Sign in to follow this  
OrfeoCulzean

Knowledge is power 2012 - what do you hope for the most ?

Hy Folks,

As the title says - what are the expansions you would wish for the most ?

Maybe more information about the AdMech ?

Or a book  dedicated to the infamous Officio Assassinorum ?

More campaigns ?

Or maybe unified expanded Psyker rules for DH, RT, DW and BC ?

Speak your mind ;D

Orfeo

I hope FFG will give Adept´s and Tech-Priest´s more love! Espacially a sourcebook for the Adeptus Administratum would be great!

But I doubt there will be a ne "Knowledge is Power" soon - there are still three books remaining on the last "Knowleddge is Power" list.

I think we'll eventually see books that cover all of the basic careers in one way or another. FFG don't do "clanbooks" or "splatbooks" but they get close to it: Blood of Martyrs was a general ecclesiarchy sourcebook, but it had plenty of cleric options, and I reckon the forthcoming Imperial Guard book will do the same sort of thing for Guardsmen. That's a bit of a no-brainer really.

So I would expect to see similar things for psykers, assassins, techpriests and so on, but likely in the form of a book about the adeptus astra telepathica and psychic powers generally, a book about the officio assasinorum and a book about the Adeptus Mechanicus. It's really just a question of which careers they do in which year.

I kind of hope that they bring in Alan Bligh for the Adeptus Mechanicus book: he's a brilliant writer, and his links to Forgeworld mean that he could actually create an Adeptus Mechanicus army list at the same time as he writes setting detail for the Adeptus Mechanicus in WH40K RPG. That kind of crossover makes a lot of sense, as it would let Alan run wild with his creativity while still keeping it within the GW IP. 

As for what I'D like to see, I know I keep banging this drum, but I would love a Calixis Sector sourcebook. Adam France, in a different thread, suggested that the sourcebook give fairly detailed information about two thirds of the planets in the sector while making it clear that the remaining worlds are left for GMs to use in their own campaigns. This seems a perfect balance to strike to me. I love background setting. I suspect however that FFG want to release this information more slowly, over time, within adventure books or background books as Gazetteers. I can see the sense in this, but I would prefer one big solid sourcebook!  

I hope for a large AdMech book a'la the Radicals Handbooks - 256 pages filled with tech goodies, factions, cybernetics and clear explanation of the AdMech power structure.

Also I hope FFG adventure writers start reading more Delta Green and Kenneth Hite for great examples in how invastigation/horror scenarios should look like.

Lightbringer said:

As for what I'D like to see, I know I keep banging this drum, but I would love a Calixis Sector sourcebook. Adam France, in a different thread, suggested that the sourcebook give fairly detailed information about two thirds of the planets in the sector while making it clear that the remaining worlds are left for GMs to use in their own campaigns. This seems a perfect balance to strike to me. I love background setting. I suspect however that FFG want to release this information more slowly, over time, within adventure books or background books as Gazetteers. I can see the sense in this, but I would prefer one big solid sourcebook!  

Seconded. Especially as specifically stating which planets will never be mentioned again, leaves them safely open to be used by GMs without fear of later official contradiction. 

I'd love to see a whole book dedicated to Hive Sibellus. 

An Ad Mech sourcebook would also be nice.

More modules too - but soft cover and frequent would be my suggestion. Modules do not need to be hardcover, it simply ramps up the price and slows down publishing rate as far as I can see. They should be pumping out soft cover 60-70 page modules MUCH faster imo. 

A sourcebook dedicated to actual details about the Calixian 'extinct' alien races and lost empires - Yu-Vath, Bale Childer, Slaugth, Adranti, the Great Machine cultures etc. No more vagueries dotted here and there - a book giving specific details for GMs to use.

I quite liked the Ordo Malleus sourcebook, so I guess Ordos Xenos and Hereticus books might be good too.

Did I mention? MORE MODULES. MANY MORE! These can and should be pumped out monthly - they aren't long, they can be written swiftly, we DON'T NEED HARDCOVER modules. They're essentially one use books, soft cover D&D-style modules would be fine.

Adam France said:

Did I mention? MORE MODULES. MANY MORE! These can and should be pumped out monthly - they aren't long, they can be written swiftly, we DON'T NEED HARDCOVER modules. They're essentially one use books, soft cover D&D-style modules would be fine.

I agree completely! More modules, far more modules. These are great "books" to buy as a pdf download btw.

I'd like to see more scenarios as well. As much as Iove the hardcovers, I really like to make notes/changes/highlighting in a booklet/softcover style adventure book. And I would most like to see a epic ascension level tyrant star mega adventure maybe integrating the mythos of the "Seven Devils of the Calix" and maybe a race to find the keys to the "Hyades Locks". I really don't see FFG doing this tho... But I can dream can't I?!! I also like the idea of sector/world sourcebooks etc...(also don't think they will do these.) PROVE ME WRONG F.F.G.!...PROVE ME WRONG!!!!gran_risa.gif

I want to see more "Monster Manuals" (can you ever have too many xeno beasts in a sci-fi rpg?) and more Calixian background material (even though much of it would, by this point, certainly contardict the stuff I've come up with in my campaign, like giving Pallinurus Rhys a "Wild West" theme happy.gif). More adventures are always a good thing, and no, they don't have to be in hardback- in fact, I would very much prefer softcover.

Not doing clan books... um...

Wrong.

Blood of Martyrs, the forthcoming "Justice" one, and the still announced by unshockingly late Imperial Guard book.  I'm pretty sure it is safe to bet there'll be a Mechanicus book coming.  Possibly this might be the 5th game though, but I hope not.    Sure there's some overlap with other groups, and lots of setting.  But these are splat books, hands down.  No different from old White Wolf splat books in that they're mostly setting (Which helps make them valuable to everyone!) and also helps give reasons for the other classes to be a part of such a campaign.

Adepts and Assassins may or may not get a joint book.  Just depends on the plans.  I could see a reason to do either.  It's possible Assassins will be grouped with The Guard as well.  I'm not sure how to join Adepts and Assassins, but could see it being feasible if only due to the space issue.

As for an Adept Book, some sort of book focused on lost lore and history seems a give me.

OrfeoCulzean said:

Or maybe unified expanded Psyker rules for DH, RT, DW and BC ?

I'd like it if they did go for full "splatbooks" instead of this mess of systems they have now. Balancing and conversions between them are completely off so it becomes a pain whenever trying to integrate things from separate game lines. It also results in a lot of wasted space for the core rulebooks where things are copy-pastes of another game line's core. imo WoD has the right idea here, and nWoD's main splats are far more organized. They use the extra space to expand upon the focus of the splat, enough to give players a very good idea of what sets this type of character apart from others as well as going into the special rules of each splat group.

Unify the psyker rules, and unify the whole WH40K game line system into a single Core for basic gameplay. Then when a group wants to play Inquisitors/Acolytes, they pick up the Dark Heresy splat. If they want to play Guardsmen or Eldar, they pick up those books. It's supposed to be one universe where everything comes together at some point so creating a hundred variations of the same system only makes products less compatible with other lines and the experience ends up being frustrating (or at least it has on my end). A new supplement should add something to all existing products without needing homemade conversions because book X uses a different system than the thing in book Y, despite both being a perfect match for each other.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't play Tabletop, but isn't this what the main Warhammer 40K line does? From what I've read there is a Core Rules book and individual armies get their own Codexes. Why should the RPG be different?

Other than that above rant, I'd second that AdMech request. For something so important to the functioning of the Imperium we get almost nothing to work with when it comes to how the Tech-Priests and their Forge Worlds operate. More about how the different patterns emerge, what kinds of invention are sanctioned tech, how a Tech-Priest gets caught up working for an Inquisitor, etc.

Because the original project expects 3 different games, especially after what the GW has done, announcing Dark Heresy and suddenly close the Black Industries, it would impossible change the things.
So, it would be a commercial suicide remade the first game, few month after it come out.

While I can understand the AdMech requests, IMHO there are way too many TechPriest-specific options and gear already. Not just in the core book but also in the IH. That's more than any other faction of the IoM got, before these series of splat books at least. It feels wrong if one career gets that much attention. Psykers don't get their own book either, probably for the very same reason. Just saying...

So...to make a first summary of what I mainly heard:

> AdMech Sourcebook

> Psyker Sourcebook

> Administratum Sourcebook

> Officio Assasinorum Sourcebook

> Calixis Sector Sourcebook

> Ordo Hereticus Sourcebook

> Ordo Xenos Sourcebook

> Another Adventure trilogy

Did I miss something essentiell or is there any addition ?

If not, lets have a closer view on this 8 suggestions. What should they contain ? What shall not be missing ?

If for myself would like to have information about local nobility and important trade cartells / mighty economic organizations in the Calixis Sourcebook...

Im hoping for some more Disciples and Radicals sized books. What they contain isnt that important to me, but if i have to choose something i would go for some Ordo source books (Xenos, Hereticus etc) or Sector/Subsector source books.

I think some Ordo specific Bestiaries would be nice aswell, but they should be more along the lines of Disciples than Creatures.

I am not as much concerned with what they release, but how they release them and when the release them.

The could do a Psyker only book and have it focus entirely on the psychic powers and orders within the Imperium or they could do a book called Perils of the Warp and have it cover all warp dabblers.

They could do Only War and only have it cover Guardsmen, but I would prefer it also have expanded options for clerics, assassins, scum, tech priests, adept, psykers and whoever else could logically be twisted into a IG role.

I doubt Only War will talk about Guardsmen only. The Imperial Guard touches the Mechanicum, Psykers, and Priests. As all are present on the battlefield. Hopefully the book will also discuss the other half of the Imperial war machine for mere mortals, the imperial Navy.

While I'd love to see more info and character options for the Imperial Navy, they did put a lot of info into Battlefleet Kronus for Rogue Trader. Other than the crunch rules, alot of the fluff would be getting repeated.

Edit: Oh, and my vote would be for a Ad Mech source book. And more official tie in's between the different systems.

I would be really keen for an Ad-Mech book.  Details about forgeworlds, career alternates for things like skitiari, healot etc (ie  "the rest" of a FW population other than tech-priests), a chapter on the interactions between the ad-mech and other IoM institutions, a handfull of new gear and cybernetics (not more weapons and armour - we have enough allready!), and a bumper chapter on hereteks and dark-mechanicus.

Most importantly, some details on ranks withing the tech-priesthood, functions of ad-mech within imperial society, beliefs of the ad-mech, what actually constitutes tech-heresy and lot sof other fluffy goodness.

Basically I want a book to allow me to run a DH campaign based on the Ad-Mech's internal rather than the inquisition.  It's a small dream... angel.gif