Sign in to follow this  
Philos

Two Sorcerer of Tzeentch

Sorcerer of Tzeentch

Action: When you play a development from your hand, put a resource token on this unit. Then, deal X damage to target unit. X is the number of resource tokens on this unit.

I have two Sorcerer of Tzeentch in play. My opponent has one unit with only one hit point in play. In my turn I play a development from my hand. Now I want to trigger the actions of both Sorcerers. Will both Sorcerers get a resource token?

Hum... No you can't. You trigger actions one at a time, even in a stack, so the first sorcerer gets a token and kills the remaining enemy unit, adn the other one cannot have the token (unless he shoots himself or one of your units).

@Bud : Do you mean that you do not chose the target of the action when you play the action?

The way you answer the question let believe that you do not chose the target when you play the card but when you solve the action (which is not correct), any target of an action must be chosen when playing the action. (clarified in the 1.5 FAQ)

Once an action is on the stack you solve it (even if you are not able to solve the whole action).

Something was making me feeling sad with that.

In the faq it is writen that if an action has no valid target during resolution it is canceled. (but in other hand it is writen that you must solve what you can).

@Bud : But in now way you are allowed to do what you was saying : "(unless he shoots himself or one of your units)" cause you can not change the target of an action during the resolution of this one.

I had doubts about this one, but had to change my mind and go with Budmilka. When you put the two Sorcerers actions on the chain, you have to solve one at a time. You can't solve half of each action, and then continue with the first one, you have to solve each action seperately.

So when the first action is solved, the 1hp unit will be dead, since damage is assigned and applied instantly. So if you want to put a token on the second Sorcerer, you have to find another target.

You can gain a token on each Sorceror.

You play a development, this triggers the Triggered Action on both Sorcerors.  They now both wait until the next available action window.  Provided nothing was playing in response your development, they both go on the stack as soon as the development enters play (from the flowchart).

Both effects have to have a valid target to be put on the stack, but they both do, since there is a unit in play.  You resolve the first effect, adding the token, then dealing the damage.  You now begin to resolve the second effect.  Since its a card with "Multiple Effects" (If a card has multiple effects, all effects on the card resolve if possible. These effects resolve independently of each other with the following important exception: If a card uses the word “then” the preceding effect must have resolved successfully before the effect following the term “then” can be resolved.)  You resolve the first half (adding the token), then attempt to resolve the second half (dmging a target).  The first half succeeds, the 2nd half fails.  It is similar to something like Plague Bomb.  Killing one target of plague bomb does not cancel the entire tactic.

The reason "Then" is used on this card, is that is allows your opponent to respond to your action by killing the sorceror.  Now you cannot place the token, so you don't get to deal the damage.