Sign in to follow this  
Brother Nicodemus

Daemons and untouchables

I am a little unclear as to how untouchables and daemons react with each other. I think it is safe to assume that an untouchable would react to a daemon much the same as any other imperial citizen... first with fear (and lots of it) and later with Righteous Contempt, But what of the daemon?

Do daemons fear untouchables? or at least know what they are up against and act accordingly? Do they recoil in anger when their attacks do nothing or do they simply continue to strike not knowing that this creature is anathema to them, just as a daemon is anathema to the material.

Thoughts?

I imagine they fear it physically (ie it has teeth and claws and is going to eat me) but equally it might make the demon ill if it tried to eat it.. I don't think they'd be effected by the warp-somatic effects.

i don`t have the rule book in front of me right now but doesnt untouchabel remove the deamonic trait from the weapons the deamon uses??

meaning instead of having a unnatural claw ripping true everything you got a claw clawing at you far less dangerus.

there are other effect i`m sure i cant remember them of the top of my head right now

Much like Phototoxin said, an untouchable would certain fear daemons for their nature and appearance but wouldn't suffer the crippling mental torment of dealing with their presence like a normal person. They'd simply be a particularly horrible enemy to face, without the simultaneous spiritual and mental bombardment everyone else faces.

I'd imagine the physical relationship between daemons and untouchables is much like that between psykers and untouchables: Distinctly uncomfortable but hardly an insurmountable barrier. If a daemon wants an untouchable dead, it's still going to be willing to soldier through their aura to get the job done. It's likely that daemonic entities, at least lesser ones, would prioritise any other available target before the untouchable simply to delay the worst part of the job and to minimise the risk of exposing themselves. Perhaps they might appear to deliberately maintain a safe distance and even back away if threatened but only the weakest of daemonic spirits would be overtly peturbed by their presence.

Daemons can't see untouchables from the warp as they're nothing more than a blank spot (thus can't try to corrupt them) however when a daemon enters the materium it can still see the untouchable, and the untouchable can see it.

niarBaD said:

Daemons can't see untouchables from the warp as they're nothing more than a blank spot (thus can't try to corrupt them) however when a daemon enters the materium it can still see the untouchable, and the untouchable can see it.

Agreed.

Untouchables are distinctly uncomfortable for most daemons. as said an untouchable would be fearful at seeing a daemon due to its physical appereance, but the unnatural dread that acompany most (escepcially the stronger) daemons does not apply to them. many special abilities that the daemon migh possess (sorcery, psychic ability and other daemonic effects) are canceled in the untouchable's presence, just like normal psychic powers.

Daemons also have their connection to the warp cut in the untouchable's presence and physical contact with one courses the daemon intense pain on level with sanctified weaponry or relics.

In game terms that would equal, in addition to those rules already present, at least in my games :), that Untouchables are immune to the Daemonic Pressence trait and that their unarmed attacks (and when daemons uses natural weapons on them) makes the daemon suffer Malediction.

All these effect of course vary with the untouchable, with Culexuses and Necron Pariahs being able to more or less banish lesser daemon with their mere presence. 

Oh man, this thread is making me hopeful that, like Radicals Handbook said, that nulls/pariahs of various power scale will show up sometime...

Out of curiousity, though, an untouchable can suffer corruption, right? Just not from warp shock. What the heck does that represent fluffwise, then? How does someone who cannot touch the warp fall to Chaos? Their physical form becoming overloaded with warp pollution, perhaps?