Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eeeealmo

Questions about Black Goat of the Woods

29 posts in this topic

As a completely unrelated tangent, I played Arkham Horror with the fam. a few weeks ago and my dad drew the Milk as one of his random starting items. Watching the look on his face as he read the title was almost more entertaining that the entire game. =)

"Milk... of Shub.... Shubnegrath.

Okay."

As a completely unrelated tangent, I played Arkham Horror with the fam. a few weeks ago and my dad drew the Milk as one of his random starting items. Watching the look on his face as he read the title was almost more entertaining that the entire game. =)

"Milk... of Shub.... Shubnegrath.

Okay."

Hah!  Nice that you can play with the whole family.  :)

Aye, Milk is great :)

Happy you enjoyed the custom material hereby hosted :)

As for the original Herald... I do like it. But I also need to be in the right mood. Still, I won with that one and Rhan-Tegoth, so, I'd say it's doable ;)

Yeah think I'm gonna give the official herald a try next maybe with a random GOO this time -- I really liked Black Goat, but I think the corruptions really need to come out for it to work as intended, and the Institution is a great way to make that happen.

As for the official Herald, beware of the deck / board combo you'll be using: technically speaking, if you play an all-in game, the official Herald is just a cakewalk: very low odds to have several monster surges in a game. If you play Kingsport + Arkham... well, it's like a day in a slaughterhouse.

Anyway, if you want to test the Herald (that's a good way to test any Herald on any game), play a game against Azathoth: that AO has no impact on gameplay, so that you can see the actual effects of the Herald :)