Sign in to follow this  
therion2

Stories of good experiences with Warhammer 3E

This is a place to maybe just outline good in game experiences, how they came about and what the GM did to help move things along, involve the players. Even how the players added more narrative themselves that the GM was able to use in the game.

I had a great situation recently in a session that I ran for the guys from Reckless Dice. We ran the old 1st edition scenario "With a Little Help from My Friends'.

As the players stormed the kidnappers hideout Gitzmans character, a Dwarf Engineer, tried to use his blunderbuss to intimidate the kidnappers into surrendering. His intimidate roll generated a chaos star and before I could come up any ideas Lester had already jokingly suggested that this should result in the blunderbuss accidentally firing. I loved the suggestion and just went with it, and we roleplayed out the results - the kidnappers soon surrendered after mercilessly getting a face-full of buckshot at point blank range!

I think this is great example of how the dice mechanic in 3rd edition allows players to really get involved in roleplaying out the results of their rolls. All of this only took a few seconds – we didn’t really discuss it; it was made as a suggestion and we all just ran with it. I had planned for the kidnappers to put up a stiff fight and this one event changed the whole situation, but it was great as the input all came from the players.