Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Swot

Black Crusade Errata?

Recommended Posts

Swot said:

 

Also, I have not found much reference to "characteristic damage" and what separates the permanent damage from the non permanent type, or how it is healed.

In previous games all characteristic damage was non-permanent unless it stated otherwise (though of course they should have stated that in this book, unless, true to form, it is somewhere highly unlikely). As far as healing went I think it was 1 point per day, but I am less sure of that. Also, as far as I can remember, there was no RAW way to artificially speed it up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, the characteristic damage was an oversight on my part, sorry about that.

It is to be found on page 256, is never permanent unless specified, and "A character automatically recovers one point of characteristic damage each hour, regardless of his activity level. The GM may allow certain types of medical attention to remove characteristic damage at a faster rate".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The character sheet (downloadable one and the one in the book) also lacks the survival skill.

The same way, it would be nice to have a place to write the power armour sub-systems that are functionning somewhere on the sheet.

 

And I don't grasp the utility of the Recoil Baffling weapon upgrade as it negates penalties to hit when moving and firing on full auto. There is nothing about that fact in the combat chapter that i could find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping of being helpful to the BC fans I post the answer I received from FFG about a few rules.

 

----Messaggio originale----
Da: thuckelbery@fantasyflightgames.com
Data: 6-apr-2012 22.59
A: <kingrick@tin.it>
Ogg: Re: Fantasy Flight Games [Rules Questions] - Black Crusade

 

1/is there a WS modifier for a charge? and what's the movement during a charge?
Yes, that will be clarified in the upcoming errata as +10 to your WS.


2/what kind of feat is needed for use the mechadentrite Servo Arm? the Weapon or the utility mech use?
You would need the Mechadendrite Use (Servo-Arm) Talent.

3/Good MIU unite gives -10% bonus to weapon skill with what kind of weapons? All mechadentrite? other melee weapons? can you explain when the feat gives the others bonuses (logic, drive etc)?
It would have to be a weapon the user is linked into, such as a shoulder-mounted ranged weapon linked into their MIU. Ditto for any other device or vehicle, the user would have to be linked into it.

4/how many times can be used the prosanguine feat every day? Once a day? At will until it rolls 96+?
Twice per day.

5/a character with the mechanicus assimilation gain the machine trait. So he became immune to mind influencing psychic effect? Can you provide a few examples?
Powers would include things like Delude, Compel, Mind Link, and other powers that would interact with his mind. On some powers, the Game Master may have to make the final ruling as it might depend on exactly how a power is being used too.


Hope this helps and thanks for playing!


Tim Huckelbery
RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
thuckelbery@fantasyflightgames.com
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me comment about the answers I received from FFG.

It seems that for every different kind of mechadentrite you have to purchase a specific feat. From my point of view this answer goes against what the manual says but I accept it because mech are quite useful and need to be balanced.

Regarding MIU system I still don t know what kind of items can be direct linked to a character.

If a shoulder mounted missile launcher is ok (but MIU system gives a +10% only to MELEE attack) I suppose every mechadentrite can benefits from MIU system because they are attached to you.

But every ship o sci fi veicle can be connected to a MIU? Why it gives +10% to Melee and not to Ballistic also?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larkin said:

I wonder at the decision to take out All out Attack and Swift Attack options from Charge.

Yes, so do I. I really felt that these combinations finally made Charge worthwhile. In our long-going DH campaign, nobody wants to charge, because they know they will be met by Dogde-Swift/Ligning. Charging with Swift kinda evens the odds, and I think the +10 does not unbalance things.

Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The recoil baffling errata is pretty stupid, goes from 94-00 to 96-00... so 2% chance I need this!!!

Recoil baffling are things you put after making it best where it can't jam...

Even better is better then that at least you then have to roll a 1 on a d10...

 

Another useless moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darth Smeg said:

Larkin said:

 

I wonder at the decision to take out All out Attack and Swift Attack options from Charge.

 

 

Yes, so do I. I really felt that these combinations finally made Charge worthwhile. In our long-going DH campaign, nobody wants to charge, because they know they will be met by Dogde-Swift/Ligning. Charging with Swift kinda evens the odds, and I think the +10 does not unbalance things.

Strange.

 

Put in Raptor and all those nice charge move you can add and it becomes a beast, the swift attack just made it silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the BC rules in my Deathwatch game an assault marine took a HIve Tyrant from full health to dead in one swift attack on a charge. yeah, space marines are cool, but this was just too much. He didn't even have Raptor (or the equivalent from DW.) I'm expecting him to be somewhat dissapointed by the new rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crisaron said:

Darth Smeg said:

 

Larkin said:

 

I wonder at the decision to take out All out Attack and Swift Attack options from Charge.

 

 

Yes, so do I. I really felt that these combinations finally made Charge worthwhile. In our long-going DH campaign, nobody wants to charge, because they know they will be met by Dogde-Swift/Ligning. Charging with Swift kinda evens the odds, and I think the +10 does not unbalance things.

Strange.

 

 

 

Put in Raptor and all those nice charge move you can add and it becomes a beast, the swift attack just made it silly.

 

Not really, as that's about 3-5k experience put in that single attack action that can be defeated by a heavy weapons team in a covered bunker. It made the Charge action worth it to do, instead of just moving up and Lightning attacking. Now Swift attack is merely a road bump on the way to Lightning Attack, never to be used again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A million people are going to be confused by the answer to the age-old Delay question.

Yes, it does clear up how Delay works, but that last line "May Dodge and Parry as normal" is going to cause a lot of problems. I think we'll need to focus on the use of the phrase "as normal". "[As] normal" would have to mean "in accordance with the standard rules for Reactions", which means that no, you cannot Dodge or Parry an attack that comes from a Delayed action if that delayed attack occurs during your turn, but you can if it happens during someone else's turn.

Eg 1.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets me. It is my turn, and I cannot use Reactions during my turn, therefore I cannot Dodge/Parry.

Eg 2.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets my friend standing next to me. It is my turn and not my friend's, so he can use a Reaction during my turn, and therefore can Dodge/Parry the attack.

BYE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yea, so now, there is no point in shooting meltagun or lascannon in your turn, when you can wait for your opponent turn and shoot him without the ability to defend (cept fer tha force fields), just take it in the face, like a real man. I think we would still alow evasion, but if someone used evasion in their turn, they cannot do so again until start of their next turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whirlwind of Death hasn't been corrected. Table says: Can make an attack against anyone in melee, description then talks about making more horde damage.

Crushing Blow etc. hasn't been errataed. Half WS or Full WS?

Dual Wield: 1/2 action for 2 Lightning Attacks?

I am sure there are tons of other uncorrected mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.B.M.C. said:

A million people are going to be confused by the answer to the age-old Delay question.

Yes, it does clear up how Delay works, but that last line "May Dodge and Parry as normal" is going to cause a lot of problems. I think we'll need to focus on the use of the phrase "as normal". "[As] normal" would have to mean "in accordance with the standard rules for Reactions", which means that no, you cannot Dodge or Parry an attack that comes from a Delayed action if that delayed attack occurs during your turn, but you can if it happens during someone else's turn.

Eg 1.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets me. It is my turn, and I cannot use Reactions during my turn, therefore I cannot Dodge/Parry.

Eg 2.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets my friend standing next to me. It is my turn and not my friend's, so he can use a Reaction during my turn, and therefore can Dodge/Parry the attack.

BYE

 

Are you sure? For 1) the whole question of whether someone can dodge or parry only matters if the Delay targets someone who is currently acting. The fact the phrasing suggests they are clarifying something suggests that someone should be able to Dodge even if it is their turn. 2) I have always felt that, since I noticed this, taking the RAW makes Delay to powerful and seems to run counter to the intent of the action (which seems to be more about coordinating timing, than as being a powerful combat option in itself). Also it encourages standing still and just Delaying to shoot outside your turn. Personally I would rule that for the duration of the Half Action it counts as the Delaying character's turn. I feel the "No Parry and No Dodge in your own turn" is fine with special actions like Overwatch and Counter Attack, as they are quite specific, and often take a bit of effort to use. Overwatch takes your entire turn, you have a penalty to hit anyone in the zone, and people are not forced to enter the zone (it's more area denial than an active attack option, unless you cover the only route the enemy can take). Counter Attack only works if you Parry and then make an attack at a penalty, and it kinds of need the rule to avoid the mess of Attack/Counter Attack chains (which were just daft before we noticed the rules on reactions). Applying it to Delays... just doesn't fit well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, to point 1), yes, that's exactly what I said in eg 2. To repeat myself, in that example the person using Delay in my turn targets someone else. As it is my turn and not theirs, they can Dodge/Parry as normal.

As to 2), well there's a very simple test you can apply to a lot of rules arguments or areas with rules ambiguity:


Break No Rule.


In other words, if you can logically solve this rules problem without breaking any other rules, then that is likely the correct situation. Any example which involves characters or NPC's using Reactions during their own turn breaks the rules for Reactions. Therefore, you cannot use a reaction to avoid an attack made by someone using a Delay to attack you during your own turn. This is no different to when someone uses their reaction in your turn to punch you with a Servo-Arm. It's your turn, and you cannot use reactions in your own turn, only when it is not your turn.

And, again, the errata says "as normal", and given that the normal rules don't allow you to use reactions in your own turn, you cannot Dodge/Parry attacks made via Delay in your own turn when the attack targets you specifically.


Look I'm not saying that it should be this way, only that it is this way. And also hate the Counter-Attack/Parry problem, where they attack you, you parry, then counter attack and they can't block your attack because it's their turn. It's horrendous in Deathwatch because unless you count the "always fail on a natural 100 thing" you can basically boost your stats and bonuses to a point where you auto-parry and then auto-hit, meaning no one can touch you. This game - all the games - need fail conditions that match the Jamming rules for ranged attacks. 96+ should be an auto-miss with Melee (with a chance to hit yourself for reduced damage, ie. a melee equivalent to Jamming). Parry and Dodge need these as well, with 96+ for Parry = drop your weapon and 96+ for Dodge = you fall over/go prone unintentionally. Then you throw in further equivalences to the Jamming rules, so like with Semi-/Full-Auto/Suppressing Fire Jamming on 94+, so two would Swift/Lightning/All-Out Attack. Unbalanced weapons would fail their parries on a 94+. And so on. Put those in, and a lot of problems with the combat rules in this game start to go away.


BYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vogue69 said:

Whirlwind of Death hasn't been corrected. Table says: Can make an attack against anyone in melee, description then talks about making more horde damage.

Crushing Blow etc. hasn't been errataed. Half WS or Full WS?

Dual Wield: 1/2 action for 2 Lightning Attacks?

I am sure there are tons of other uncorrected mistakes.



What needs to be clarified with Crushing Blow exactly? Black Crusade, Page 117, Table 4-3: "Add half WS bonus to Damage inflicted in melee". And then on page 121: "The character adds half his Weapon Skill Bonus to Damage he inflicts in melee". What's ambiguous about that? What am I missing?

As for Lightning Attacks, Black Crusade, Page 132: "If a character is fighting with a weapon in either hand or benefits from a Talent or Power which allows him to make more than one attack in his turn only one of his attacks may be a Lightning Attack and have the chance of scoring additional hits.". So it doesn't matter whether it's a 1/2 or Full Action to make 2 Lightning Attacks because you can't make two Lightning Attacks in a turn away.

Can't speak for the Whirlwind of Death one. The summary and description are at odds with one another.

BYE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.B.M.C. said:

As for Lightning Attacks, Black Crusade, Page 132: "If a character is fighting with a weapon in either hand or benefits from a Talent or Power which allows him to make more than one attack in his turn only one of his attacks may be a Lightning Attack and have the chance of scoring additional hits.". So it doesn't matter whether it's a 1/2 or Full Action to make 2 Lightning Attacks because you can't make two Lightning Attacks in a turn away.

Interestingly, this is from the description of Swift Attacks. The description of Lightning Attacks on p 127 and p238 does not state this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I know it's under Swift Attack. I don't know why it's under Swift Attack, but it is there. It's a weird rule and an easy one to miss, but there it is, in black and white.

BYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

H.B.M.C. said:

A million people are going to be confused by the answer to the age-old Delay question.

Yes, it does clear up how Delay works, but that last line "May Dodge and Parry as normal" is going to cause a lot of problems. I think we'll need to focus on the use of the phrase "as normal". "[As] normal" would have to mean "in accordance with the standard rules for Reactions", which means that no, you cannot Dodge or Parry an attack that comes from a Delayed action if that delayed attack occurs during your turn, but you can if it happens during someone else's turn.

Eg 1.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets me. It is my turn, and I cannot use Reactions during my turn, therefore I cannot Dodge/Parry.

Eg 2.

It is my turn. My opponent has a Delayed action. He interrupts my turn to make an Standard Attack Action and targets my friend standing next to me. It is my turn and not my friend's, so he can use a Reaction during my turn, and therefore can Dodge/Parry the attack.

BYE

 

That is not what is stated in the errata. I see no problems with the wording.

When someone makes an attack with a delay action, their target may dodge or parry that attack as normal. This has nothing to do with reactions on your turn. The attack is happening as if it is the attackers turn, regardless of who the target is or who's turn it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...