Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Swot

Black Crusade Errata?

Recommended Posts

What exactly are "Flak Armour" and "Mesh Armour"? The apostate gets one or the other, yet neither exist as a specific form of armour. They are types of armour, which include various different options, but there is no option to aquire anything specifically called "Flak Armour" or "Mesh Armour".

 

Oh, and Brutal Charge is stated in the Traits section to now have a Numerical value in brackets yet every reference I have seen to anything having it (or having the option for it) never provides a value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SomVone said:

 Legion Plasma weapons are a step easier to get than any other Legion weapons.

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight.

Not necessarily. Overheat got a lot worse. It is now a normal hit with full Pen. That's pretty deadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presskohle said:

SomVone said:

 

 Legion Plasma weapons are a step easier to get than any other Legion weapons.

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight.

 

 

Not necessarily. Overheat got a lot worse. It is now a normal hit with full Pen. That's pretty deadly.

 

That dosen't make it any less rare.  Its not about how good or bad it is, its about how many there are and how rare it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haroon said:

Presskohle said:

 

SomVone said:

 

 Legion Plasma weapons are a step easier to get than any other Legion weapons.

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight.

 

 

Not necessarily. Overheat got a lot worse. It is now a normal hit with full Pen. That's pretty deadly.

 

 

 

That dosen't make it any less rare.  Its not about how good or bad it is, its about how many there are and how rare it is.

 

Well, it's not that surprising that there are more people trying to get rid of guns of the type that are just as likely to kill the user as the target.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SomVone said:

 Legion Plasma weapons are a step easier to get than any other Legion weapons.

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight.

Actually this is not true.

The Following is Scarce:
Legion Flamer

The following are Very Rare:
Legion Shotgun
Legion Plasma Gun
Legion Plasma Pistol
Legion Heavy Flamer

The following are Extremely Rare:
Legion Bolter 
Legion Bolt Pistol
Legion Combi-Bolter
Legion Heavy Bolter
Legion Melta-Gun
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In psyker archeotype's talents there is:
Weapon Training (Primary), Weapon Training (Las) or Weapon Training (SP) or Weapon Training (Shock)

seeing as in starting gear there is:
Laspistol or Stub Reolver, Sword or Neural Whip

I think in talents thare should be Weapon Training (Primary) or Weapon Training (Shock), Weapon Training (Las) or Weapon Training (SP)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

borithan said:

Oh, the Renegade also gets "Carapace Armour", which also doesn't exist.

 

Carapace armor is on page 174, with all the others.  It's a category.  If you're looking for the description, it's in the bottom left corner of said page.  FFG seems to have rearranged the alphabet in quite a few places for this book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firebane said:

borithan said:

 

Oh, the Renegade also gets "Carapace Armour", which also doesn't exist.

 

 

 

Carapace armor is on page 174, with all the others.  It's a category.  If you're looking for the description, it's in the bottom left corner of said page.  FFG seems to have rearranged the alphabet in quite a few places for this book.

Except that "Carapace armour" isn't a specific item - I'd say it should probably be Enforcer Carapace Armour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've ruled "Carapace Armour" to be Carapace helm, vambraces, greaves and chest carapace plate. The entry for Renegade doesnt say heavy carapace or light carapace. There's no option for enforcer carapace in the book either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firebane said:

Carapace armor is on page 174, with all the others.  It's a category.  If you're looking for the description, it's in the bottom left corner of said page.  FFG seems to have rearranged the alphabet in quite a few places for this book.

Oh, I know that. However, as said previously, there is no such item as "Carapace Armour" which the Renagade then gets. Is it Heavy Carapace, LIght Carapace, a Carapace Breastplate, Vambrances or Gauntlets? The same applies to the A... the social human heretic who gets "Flak" or "Mesh" armour, which again doesn't refer to anything specific that appears on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Human Heretics are said to have 7000Xp with 1000Xp to spend. CSM have 8000Xp with 500Xp. This leaves totals of 8000xp and 8500xp Is this supposed to be correct and starting characters are supposed have different experiance values? Or should these numbers be adjusted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space Marines are indeed rated as having 500xp more in total after starting xp is spent. Not that that really means all that much in game. Its not even like the total xp matters anymore with the end of ranks. It is only for theoretical comparisons with the other game lines, and the truth is the amount of xp spent is never really going to tell you that much about how effective they will be in a particular situation. If a Dark Heresy adept has spent 8000xp in skills and intelligence they are not going to be equal to a Renegade in combat, but they will exceed even the Apostate or the Heretek in the knowledge arena, and an 8000xp Dark Heresy combat focussed Character would probably find a starting Renegade an easy prospect, as long as equipment was comparable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a problem with that too, as archeotypes' total starting xp (before 500/1000 free xp) in starting skills and talents differs quite much (apostate up to 7550, heretek 4850, sorceror 7600, psyker 5000). One can argue that special abilities make it even but I don't buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackal_Strain said:

I've ruled "Carapace Armour" to be Carapace helm, vambraces, greaves and chest carapace plate. The entry for Renegade doesnt say heavy carapace or light carapace. There's no option for enforcer carapace in the book either.

Sorry, I meant Light Carapace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ShadowRay said:

There is a problem with that too, as archeotypes' total starting xp (before 500/1000 free xp) in starting skills and talents differs quite much (apostate up to 7550, heretek 4850, sorceror 7600, psyker 5000). One can argue that special abilities make it even but I don't buy it.

That XP level is only for the basis of comparison with other 40k RPG lines - it means nothing if you're just using Black Crusade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They're not *really* starting with more XP. Many classes just have talents and traits that you just can't really assign an XP value to. Mechanicus Implants for example, don't *just* give you the implants. They also grant you access to a massive host of special, useful talents and cybernetics that can kick some serious ass. Same deal with Psykers all the cool tricks they can pull off.

The Forsaken +10 acquisition bonus will add up to a huge bonus over the course of a campaign. The Apostates's ability to instantly gain Peer (2) with *any* organisation is absurdly awesome. Everyone has their special thing, and in the end it balances out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The psychic power Gift of Chaos deals damage to a target, and, if the target fails a test by a certain amount, the target gains a Gift of Chaos (mutation). No corruption points are gained, and, in general, the attack will deal at most 24 wounds (certainly painful, but survivable at higher power levels).

Are players allowed to use the p. 290 boldface text (you're allowed to modify the random Gift of Chaos roll by your Infamy bonus) to modify this newly gained Gift of Chaos. Signs point to no, but the p.290 boldface appears to be attached to the gaining of any Gift of Chaos.

If they are allowed to modify the roll, then this could potentially affect game balance. Player downtime may indeed be long enough to allow for the psyker to cast this effect on party members, and for players to "hope" to fail the test and gain a Gift. If players have an Infamy bonus of at least 4 or 5, then there is only about a 8-12% chance of rolling a Gift on the table that is actually "bad." All others are exceedingly useful (if the player doesn't mind their character having a rough time fitting into Imperial society).

During downtime, players could allow the psyker to cast this, and then heal back to a point where they can try again to gain another Gift.

Obviously, GM fiat/rule 0 is demanded here, but at the same time, I prefer to not have to pull that out unless I have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KommissarK said:

The psychic power Gift of Chaos deals damage to a target, and, if the target fails a test by a certain amount, the target gains a Gift of Chaos (mutation). No corruption points are gained, and, in general, the attack will deal at most 24 wounds (certainly painful, but survivable at higher power levels).

Are players allowed to use the p. 290 boldface text (you're allowed to modify the random Gift of Chaos roll by your Infamy bonus) to modify this newly gained Gift of Chaos. Signs point to no, but the p.290 boldface appears to be attached to the gaining of any Gift of Chaos.

If they are allowed to modify the roll, then this could potentially affect game balance. Player downtime may indeed be long enough to allow for the psyker to cast this effect on party members, and for players to "hope" to fail the test and gain a Gift. If players have an Infamy bonus of at least 4 or 5, then there is only about a 8-12% chance of rolling a Gift on the table that is actually "bad." All others are exceedingly useful (if the player doesn't mind their character having a rough time fitting into Imperial society).

During downtime, players could allow the psyker to cast this, and then heal back to a point where they can try again to gain another Gift.

Obviously, GM fiat/rule 0 is demanded here, but at the same time, I prefer to not have to pull that out unless I have to.

Wicked cool! Consider it stolen. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...