Sign in to follow this  
Swot

Black Crusade Errata?

Pg. 293:

Chaos Organ:

Slaanesh characters get a claw from a Daemonette which gives them Natural Weapons(Claw), where is that described ? I only see rules for Natural Weapons.

Also, that claw has Razor Sharp, that is useless on a weapon that has 0 Pen.

Wonder if its supposed to be: 3 pen like the Daemonette in the monster description.

Yeah, since it doesn't stat the claw, but says "one of the character's hands... is replaced by the razor sharp claw of a Daemonette", I'd houserule to stat it exactly as the Daemonette's claw from the Adversaries section (1d10+3 R, Pen 3, Razor Sharp, Tearing).

Doomaflatchi said:

Yeah, since it doesn't stat the claw, but says "one of the character's hands... is replaced by the razor sharp claw of a Daemonette", I'd houserule to stat it exactly as the Daemonette's claw from the Adversaries section (1d10+3 R, Pen 3, Razor Sharp, Tearing).

I agree that it should be like the Daemonettes claws, but if you're going to use it exactly like it's written in the daemonette entry, you need to change the damage from 1d10+3 to 1d10+whatever the st bonus of the character is. 

Jackal_Strain said:

Doomaflatchi said:

I agree that it should be like the Daemonettes claws, but if you're going to use it exactly like it's written in the daemonette entry, you need to change the damage from 1d10+3 to 1d10+whatever the st bonus of the character is. 

Good catch! I missed that, but I agree completely.

Also, the Flame Weapon Training talent seems to have gone rogue.  It's not an option in the actual talent, and none of the archetypes list it as an option, except by inclusion in Legion Weapon Training.  If flamers are as common as lasguns (see pg. 154-5), who's using them?

Hi all!

On page 76 there is mention of an "unnatural vigour" talent belonging to nurgle.  There is no other reference to this talent then this. I cannot find any description to this talent anywhere in the book.

Anyone have more info on this?

I found two more errors:

Page 170, Recoil Baffling
"...The wielder suffers no penalty to hit when moving and firing on full auto."

However, Full Auto Burst in the combat section (Pg. 236) does not include any information regarding moving and firing and there being a minus. The second error is that it fails to mention the increased range of jamming. In Semi Auto Burst (Pg. 239) and Suppressing fire (Pg. 239) there is mention of the range being from 94-00 and in the jamming entry "Weapon Jams," (Pg. 246) it says in the note section of the entry,

"...Semi Automatic and fully automatic fire also increase the likelihood of jamming. This is described within the Semi-Auto Burst, Full Auto Burst, and Suppressing Fire action."

From inferring, one can assume the jamming range is also 94-00, but much like the charging entry, it's nice to have definites.

It mentions some non-legion weapons may need to be modified (like the triggerguard removed) to be used but that they can generally use non legion weapons.

A grey knight's nemesis weapons aren't astartes either, for instance.

The reward of Khorne "Flesh-Fused Weapon" mentions that it may be made into a legacy weapon. But as far as I can see the book makes no further mention of legacy weapons.

Yanma said:

The reward of Khorne "Flesh-Fused Weapon" mentions that it may be made into a legacy weapon. But as far as I can see the book makes no further mention of legacy weapons.

That's covered in the thread that is named "Legacy Weapons?".

MILLANDSON said:

Yanma said:

That's covered in the thread that is named "Legacy Weapons?".

Indeed, but it is, possibly, a "miss" in the book, so it deserves a place in the Errata thread aswell I think.

The Character sheet doesn’t have the interrogation skill. Also the space marine implants on the black crusade character sheet do not match the ones in the book. For instance multilung on the sheet : "you may re-roll any failed toughness test for drowning..." while multilung in the book pg 49 "this organ provides the amphibious trait"

Hi there

First sorry for my bad english

I've noticed a few issues. Nearly every Legion Weapon got the availability Extremely Rare, leaving balancing to the common sense of the game master. Why bother with getting a legion chainsword, if you can get a chainfist with the same roll?(you can even get it for free at charakter creation: downgrade it with an downgrade option,extremely rare->downgrade +10 ->very rare -20 +only one item +10 -> rare = -10 -> available for free), thats only one example, you could get a legion weapon of choice, leaving only the restrictions of the gm and common sense or characterplay as restriction

The Talent  "Cursed Heirloome" reads: "The Character may choose any weapon (melee or ranged) or armour with an availabiltiy of very rare or less without the need to roll", Maybe i lack a bit of praxis in english, but does it mean less available, (very rare, extremly rare, etc) or the opposite (very rare, rare etc.) The first possibility seems a little bit overpowered to me. A best quali Hellblade right from the start (nothing says it isn't allowed) would be ridiculous. The second let me wonder if anyone would buy this talent cause most items you could obtain with this talent are available without the drawbacks of Cursed Heirloom, leaving again only a practical use for roleplay (would'nt be bad at all, just wondering if it is intended)

The CSM Sorcerer gets a Force Weapon. No one said which one or restricted it, that would mean a starting sorcerer could have fun with the Staff of Change, which would be rather strange.

There are different sources of unnatural Attribute. CSM are getting UN St +4 and gifts of khorne or Synth Muscles too. Count the highest or add them up? I've noticed a few times it's Unnatural Strength +x and other times Unnatural Strength x in the book. Does the +  imply that these one should be added and the other ones not, or is it a simple mistake and everything should read +x?

I haven't played the game so far, but it looks a little bit half-baked for me.

so long Zane

Zane said:

Hi there

First sorry for my bad english

I've noticed a few issues. Nearly every Legion Weapon got the availability Extremely Rare, leaving balancing to the common sense of the game master. Why bother with getting a legion chainsword, if you can get a chainfist with the same roll?(you can even get it for free at charakter creation: downgrade it with an downgrade option,extremely rare->downgrade +10 ->very rare -20 +only one item +10 -> rare = -10 -> available for free), thats only one example, you could get a legion weapon of choice, leaving only the restrictions of the gm and common sense or characterplay as restriction

The Talent  "Cursed Heirloome" reads: "The Character may choose any weapon (melee or ranged) or armour with an availabiltiy of very rare or less without the need to roll", Maybe i lack a bit of praxis in english, but does it mean less available, (very rare, extremly rare, etc) or the opposite (very rare, rare etc.) The first possibility seems a little bit overpowered to me. A best quali Hellblade right from the start (nothing says it isn't allowed) would be ridiculous. The second let me wonder if anyone would buy this talent cause most items you could obtain with this talent are available without the drawbacks of Cursed Heirloom, leaving again only a practical use for roleplay (would'nt be bad at all, just wondering if it is intended)

The CSM Sorcerer gets a Force Weapon. No one said which one or restricted it, that would mean a starting sorcerer could have fun with the Staff of Change, which would be rather strange.

There are different sources of unnatural Attribute. CSM are getting UN St +4 and gifts of khorne or Synth Muscles too. Count the highest or add them up? I've noticed a few times it's Unnatural Strength +x and other times Unnatural Strength x in the book. Does the +  imply that these one should be added and the other ones not, or is it a simple mistake and everything should read +x?

I haven't played the game so far, but it looks a little bit half-baked for me.

so long Zane

First off, the chainfist can only be used when you are terminator armor, which you can't get at char gen.

The Cursed Heirloom talent gives you something of very rare or easier, i.e. it could give you something Very rare, Rare, Scarce, Average... The reason to get the talent is because it says you can't loose the item and it always comes back to you, depending on the gm that might cause interesting scenarios where you get thrown into an inquisitors interrogation room and as he's on the way you notice your trusty chainsword in the corner of the room.

The force weapon one is a bit of an oversight IMO.

I've been assuming that you add up the unnatural stats, e.g. you have unnatural strength +4 and just got the Chaos Organ gift you could have unnatural strength +5.

Banjulhu said:

Grey Knight Weapons are Astartes Weapons or more precisely have the same rule that makes weapons marine weapons (Man's Reach Exceeds his Grasp).

That applies to weapons with Astartes in the name. Nemesis weapons aren't Astartes weapons, and the second biggest kind of Nemesis weapon is noted to be used by humans, so its safe to say its intentional.

The Chainfist is indeed limited to termies, but that isn't the point. All Legion Weapons are Extremely Rare. A Legion Chainsword as rare as an Legion Energy Sword etc.. I'd change Legion Chainsword and Chainaxe to rare and the Legion Energie Sword to very rare. legion Bolters and Pistols to very rare, maybe Pistols even to rare.

you're right about the cursed heirloom, haven't looked at it that way. 

Another suggestion: Power Armour is restricted to 3 sub systems. What about giving pa with higher quaility more active subsystems, like 6 for good quality and 9 for best. Additionally y'd say you can repair/reactivate inert or broken systems with an Infamy roll vs. Extremely rare or an Tech-Use/Trade(armourer) roll vs -40

Zane said:

Another suggestion: Power Armour is restricted to 3 sub systems. What about giving pa with higher quaility more active subsystems, like 6 for good quality and 9 for best. Additionally y'd say you can repair/reactivate inert or broken systems with an Infamy roll vs. Extremely rare or an Tech-Use/Trade(armourer) roll vs -40

Hmmm, this is indeed something worth thinking about. My idea was to use other power armours, either "aquired" from the dead bodies of the pathetic Inquisition lapdogs, or simply aquire them with a Infamy test, the same as anything else. And once you have another set of armour, you can then make a Tech-use or Trade: Armourer (Is that still in this game btw?) test to try and use parts from one, to restart/repair a system in the other.

Mostly I am thinking this becuse, while it is cool that you run around in scavanged armours, wich are barely functioning, I think that when you have the power and fame to just demand 50+ power armours from wherever, you should be able to get one (1!) that is maintained to perfection, with every sub-system still operational. Maybe that will be a bit powerfull, I havent checked to closely on the various sub-systems availiable, but still, power armours are the end all, be all armours of 40k, at least for the Imperium and chaos, so making them powerfull is not really an issue.

Nurgling Infestation on page 301 summons nurglings but i cannot find stats for nurgleings any where in the book.   Also Pg 358 has the stats for a Lord of change but the title says "great unclean one" .