Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galak Fyyar

For the right price…

53 posts in this topic

40$ for 1 X-Wing and 2 TIE Fighters??? I think only hardcore players and Star Wars fans (like me) can bay this game regardless of cost. But as mass product for everyone… Also, if we compare this game with WotC product (starter set) - for the same price we have 2 Huge capital ships and 8 others random figs (which may also contain “big” ships, like Stardestroyer, not only fighters)…

My primary concern that the game is not stillborn and continues for some time longer, than WotC’s product, but if the next “update” for “X-Wing” series is also contain only 3 ships for another 40$ (want to mention - WotC’s booster cost 22$ and contain 7 random ships), I’m not sure about game’s long life…

FFG has enough time to rethink “the right price politics” for the game, because in my local area only I “preorder” this game.

P.S. Another interesting fact: if anybody familiar with “Star Wars Pocketmodel TCG”, you may remember about their demo sample pack, it contains… 1 X-Wing and 2 TIE Fighters!!!..., but we have them for free.

I don't think the prices have affected the game! LOL!

I just had to resurrect the oldest relevant post I could find just to irritate some on the forums!

40$ for 1 X-Wing and 2 TIE Fighters??? I think only hardcore players and Star Wars fans (like me) can bay this game regardless of cost. But as mass product for everyone… Also, if we compare this game with WotC product (starter set) - for the same price we have 2 Huge capital ships and 8 others random figs (which may also contain “big” ships, like Stardestroyer, not only fighters)…

My primary concern that the game is not stillborn and continues for some time longer, than WotC’s product, but if the next “update” for “X-Wing” series is also contain only 3 ships for another 40$ (want to mention - WotC’s booster cost 22$ and contain 7 random ships), I’m not sure about game’s long life…

FFG has enough time to rethink “the right price politics” for the game, because in my local area only I “preorder” this game.

P.S. Another interesting fact: if anybody familiar with “Star Wars Pocketmodel TCG”, you may remember about their demo sample pack, it contains… 1 X-Wing and 2 TIE Fighters!!!..., but we have them for free.

I just had to resurrect the oldest relevant post I could find just to irritate some on the forums!

I started reading the original post and was like, "Is this person insane?" I then looked at the date and it made a lot more sense. 

Plainsman and FlyingAnchors like this

I started reading the original post and was like, "Is this person insane?" I then looked at the date and it made a lot more sense. 

Look at this time capsule, when $40.00 was a questionable starting price point for a core set...

Plainsman likes this